Show reviews that mention
loan indymac bank loan modification modification mortgage indy mac home money payment
Filter review

IndyMac Issues Checks then defaults on payment!

IndyMac Bank illegally entered my private property in Gloucester without legal court documents or authority. The law firm representing IndyMac Bank continually refused to acknowledge or discuss details of the illegal breaking and entering they engaged upon and the Mortgage department insisted on covering their trespasses by attempting to force me to file an insurance claim for damages. Though they also continually denied wrong doing, damages assessed were agreed to be paid. IndyMac issued check amounts but also would not specify what the payments were for on the Disbursement Vouchers. After checks were issued, by IndyMac Hazard Insurance Department and the Mortgage Department ... IndyMac Bank then proceeded to default on the payment of the checks. They refused to honor the checks after they issued them. Now, they refuse any contact and deny involvement nor to make restitution on damages.

I am sorry you are wrong about IMB/OWB. AfteR filing foreclosure on my property the bank attempted to enter into my property and take it back before the sale date.

This was afte they refused to due a loan mod. IMB Claimed they had the right because a clause says in their contracts they can protect their interest if the property is vacant. The property was not vacant and when my attorney asked for their paperwork claiming they the right to take the property back they refused to give it to him, caliming it was their paperwork and they did not have to release it. needless to say they postponed the sale, agreed to a short sale and while doing the deal forclosed anyway with no notice to me or my realtor.

IMB does not have the right to enter a home without your explicit permission. ITS THE LAW OF QUIET ENJOYMENT. THEY ARE ONLY THE LEINHOLDER THEY DO NOT OWN THE PROPERTY WITHOUT DUE PROCESS OF LAW. SO ALL OF YOU BEFORE YOU STATE YOUR OPINIONS NEED TO KNOW THE LAW.

IMB/OWB cannot forclose on a home without due process of law and that means notification.

I asked on sevearl occasions if they were going to forclose to let me know. They never did that then make their foreclosure illegal.

#21977

comment maker is not a lawyer, and does not know the law. the bank nor it's reps do not have the right to enter the property without a court order.

if they get a court order there must be a marshell present to enter the property. to me it sounds like comment maker is the ***!

As for the breaking and entering goes you are wrong. Even though it is someone's mortgage, IndyMac still owns the property because they are the lender.

They can go into or on the property if there is a delinquency in payment of 30 days or more.

So SHUT UP and pay your bill!

And now with the checks, IndyMac did not default on them, they were printed wrong with an invalid routing number, call IndyMac and they WILL send you a new check OVERNIGHT! YOU ***!

Mount Laurel, New Jersey

Indy Mac Bank is DONE!

From an email this morning: "Indy Mac is closing TODAY. The entire Marlton NJ office is apparently being shut down and their other operations offices are closing. All wholesale operations are gone." As this news rolls across the country, we will keep you updated on developments. One source says as many as 4,000 people will be laid off. It's early in the day, but an official announcement is expected within hours as to the extent of the shutdown. 7:45 am (PDT) - Bloomberg is showing trading halted. Original Ailing/Watch Listing - 2008-06-30 (6:30pm EST): At 5:45 pm (EST), the following email was sent to customers of Indymac's commercial lending unit, Indymac Commercial Lending Corp.: "ICLC, due to the current market and capital constraints has ceased lending operations as of 7/1/08. A formal announcement from ICLC will be coming out tomorrow regarding details and loans in process." An official notice was sent out shortly thereafter. Referring to today's press release on The IMB Report, Indymac's company web site, an LA Times report refers to "a weekend that saw depositors line up at some of its San Gabriel Valley branches to pull their money, as they reacted to news reports questioning the company's survival." Indymac's article responds with "while branch traffic is somewhat elevated this morning, it is substantially lower than on Saturday, and we are hopeful that this issue appropriately abates soon..." Update - 2008-06-30: After the opening bell, Indymac Bancorp Inc. shares dipped to a morning low of $0.60. IndyMac was one of 12 stocks removed from the Russell 1000, moved to the small-cap Russell 2000 Index per Yahoo Finance.

To all vitims of Indy Mac and One West Bank real estate loans, we are forming a base to file class action suits. For more information, describe your situation and email to homefighter@***.com

chrissy

what the ***, no emails, no phone calls or letters in the mail *** this sucks

More bad news for IndyMac

IndyMac's offering of 2 year CD's which were scheduled to start 7/11/08 were abruptly cancelled by Vanguard (on 7/10/08) because the company (IndyMac's) financial condition would not allow them to offer FDIC coverage on the obligation (according to Vanguard). Offers to buy them were solicited approximately 10 days before the settlement date but buyers were only given 1 day notice of the cancellation. What Vanguard and IndyMac did was lock investors in a contract for 10 days and then walked away from the deal without any compensation for investors.

Information on Vanguards response to customers can be found on:

www.vinbreport.com

Washington, District Of Columbia

Mike Perry Gone

Well is any one want to write a complaint to Mike Perry about IndyMac Bank you may as well burn your letter. Mike Perrys email address is no longer valid. Furthur proff that this institution is not doing any good especially when the one many who may be able to give some satifaction had abandonded his own boat. I am convinced that talking to walls would be a much more productive encounter. Well the only thing I could sugest to anyone is to take this a step furthur up the ladder. There is a small chance that it may work.

323-868-****. I'm working w a reporter re mr perry Renee m. Jan 10 2013

Hey Still Fighting... It sounds like some shady character at IMB changed your loan number.

What that indicates to me is that all the payments you have made were credited to your old loan number and the new loan number held your full balance. The old loan number may have even been associated with someone elses loan and you could have been paying someones elses loan. All it takes is a small change in the computer system or maybe even a typo. Has IMB been cashing your checks?

If so you have proof that you have been paying... Also, I'm not sure why thre amount you owe has stayed the same. If anything it should be more since you have not been paying interest... If I were you I would get to the bottom of this.

I would not settle for speaking to anyone else than the new CEO or someone at that level. This has gone on way too long... If you have done everything you say you did and did it the right way there is no reason that you have had this type of glitch for over six years.. Sounds strange...

When you can ask them to look you up by your last name as well as the loan number to see if they have two different records with differnet loan numbers.. it is possible.

March 2001, I was approaced by a person who intoduced themselves as a broker for IMB who specialized in helping low income and low credit score persons get homes financed. July 31,2001 I closed on a loan that paid off my owners finaced home.

I worked closely with this employee of IMB and a bob closley and trusted them both. Had no reason to beleive there was ant fraud because I called IMB and got bob and the broker should me documents of other loans she secured for others with IMB. I was instructed to provide my bank statements showing a 6 month balance. get home owners insurance, pay for appraisal, give seller downpayment, pay all closing fees.

Never seeking a loan for a home before i had no idea what i was getting into. approximaetly 7 to 10 days prior to closing i was informed the brokers name had to be placed on the insurance, the bank and all other documents; but it was explained once THE LOAN WAS SATISFIED the brokers name would then be removed. The name was that of the lien holder. At thetime it made since.

Never the less i began making payments directly to the bank ever month; one year latter I received a summons to court stating I was being sued; my name was placed on the deed and titles in error. IMB refuse to take any of my payemnts" per their customers instructions " the broker" that worked for them. Oct 2004 the brokers case was thrown out of court I counter sued and won the complete ownership of the home. It was oreder the brokers name removed from every document deed of trust title effective from the datge of closing.

however I were to continue mortgage payments.IMB as of today will not take my payment and state because they were not party to suite they did not have to honor the District courts order. IMB has attempted foreclosure 3 times because of non payments. I have in effort to stop foreclosures made payments in the name of the broker in the thousands; here is the funny part the loan number I closed with was changed by the time I made the 1st payment. the amount owed on the loan is the exact ammount of the loan.

Payments have been made for 7 years why the exact amount of the loan at closing is still remaining I don't know. I've made over 40 thousand dollars of payments myself. I'd lived in for a year. OTS refused to help when I asked that they explain how the loan numbers changed.

Why is the balance the same after 7 years. Yes I was dum but I have learned so much about it all since then. The closing documnets I left closing with had several differrent dates. Page one had March 2001 and the deed of trust had july 2001 every documentshowed diffrent dates.

I was notified the home was being auctioned by a company. asking, to hep me stop foreclosure. I was never notified by the bank and the auction april 2008 in 15 days. Also the deed of trust used to foreclose with was in the brokers name as the home owner the trustee over looked the filled Judgement in Oct 2004court order that showed i was the owner.

I live in Texas and would love to share my story with any investigatve new show or fbi AGENT. I have done all work that is needed to show how they work and how all regulatory agencys fail to be effective. I have held IMB at bay for 6 years and I know GOD has allowed this to happen for a reason. With my attorneys permission I WILL TALK.

I have a voice mails from the trustee telling me they will not talk to me get a lawyer after I provided them a copy of judgement ordering the brokers name be removed from the DEED of Treust and Title.

My name was on every document for the loan and closing, accept the note. I placed the brokers name on my bank account, insurance and sellers agreement as instructed by IMB's bob and broker.

First I want to say the person Savannah is a an ***. You obviously have no clue what your talking about.

I worked at IMB for a little over a year, at the beginning of the end. It was a good place to work if all you care about is having a relaxed dress code. They did not pay anyone well at all and acted like you were lucky to be employed by them. Management was very full of themselves.

There was no such thing as a raise, not even for cost of living. Management acted like they wanted your input but constantly shot down any ideas other than there own (objective). I personally experienced pressure to be very optimistic and I won't say more on that. Mike Perry continuously had excuses and overly positive outlooks.

He maintained that the company was strong and was going nowhere. In my opinion it was a big publicity scam to both employees and shareholders. I hope management looses there jobs and homes just like the employees and customers they hurt and treated with no respect. I have no respect for any of those so called (by Savannah) successful people.

You call it success I call it greed, butt kissing, and luck. I can personally say most of them had no idea about BUSINESS and how to run one. They were sales people who where good at pretending to run a business. The management started out as loan officers and worked there way up (b/c they got there in the beginning) to management.

They did not know the first thing about how to run a company or manage people.

They did not know the first thing about how to run a company or manage people. The only reason they lasted so long was b/c they robbed people and rode the money train while it still had some juice. When it came to business and strategic competence, it did not exist there...Just egos.. Also, Savannah would you happen to currently work for IMB?

Maybe in corporate communications? maybe as the inside blogger?

I worked with IMB for 3 years. I disagree with Mike's remark about no raise due to stock market bad.

How about Cost of living?

Mike said No based on the stock market. Should we sue Mike's income, home etc?

How about Cost of living?

Mike said No based on the stock market. Should we sue Mike's income, home etc?

I worked for Indymac for 3 years and that place was horrible. There was so much favoritisim and B.S going with the upper management.

Employess were treated like *** and no one was aboe to question any thing. I hope the upper management get what they deserve.

They had too much fun for too long. I hope this teaches them a lesson to treat people with respect and dignity because karmaaaa is a biachhhhhhhhhh

savannah.. its then.. not than

View more comments (18)
Northridge, California

No Organization, No regards for Customer

As of now my VA load through Indymacbank has been going on for a year. We have now gone through 7 appraisals and the requiremnt keep on changing. Seldom are any phone calls returned and we are always getting suprised by the total lack of caring on the representives of Indymacbank. For example in a good faith estamate we had a closing cost of $3000. Now we received documentation (unexpected may I add) that the closeing cost is well over $25,000. Totally obserd seeing ther were no buy down points. Documentation that we sent was lost constantly and we discovered that several files were open and disorganized. Promises were made constantly and never met. The owner and the realitor are now at wits end and like myself find it difficult to belive the total incompedency of all of the staff at indymacbank. For once we would like to see just a little of integrity and honesty with the people who appear to be haveing fun destroying our personal lives. In speaking with other people who have processed simular home loan with the same conditions it happened quick and expected the only differance they never went through Indymacbank. No matter who you call or who you E-mail you are always blown off and again a resolution never found. Even posting an real comment here will most likely never have any action taken nor will I ever be notified. It is however my hope that someone will read this and take another route to getting their home financed to avoid the months of frustration and agravation the we have been forced to endure. No one should be treated so horrible as we have with toal disrespect. It makes one belive that the VA benifit for those who served is designed never to be used. This is our thanks
Northridge, California

Indy Mac is horrible

Phone center sends me over the edge! Not only do they have an overseas call center that does not understnad a word you say, but the US call center is just a waste! I have lost all respect for this company. After being on hold for over 73 minutes to correct an error that Indymac made and then waiting another 15 minutes again after the call was answered to have the problem resolved is just unacceptable!! Extreemly POOR service! No one can answer as to why it took so long to help me. I am pissed about the service that I got. I am sure that is ONE of the reasons that they are in such trouble now. DO NOT have an account with this bank. Join a credit union they are so much nicer!!
Los Angeles, California

Refuse to communicate after agreeing to short sale

IMB is staffed by powerful incompetents. "Negotiators" refuse to answer or return phone calls or emails. Supervisors are worthless, if you can get one on the phone. The favorite phrase is, "someone will get back to you within 24 to 48 hours" and they don't. IMB has demanded we close on the 20th of July, but have not provided the net proceeds required. We are about 2 weeks from THEIR chosen date and they have not communicated beyond saying the first acknowledgement letter was incorrect, only to re-send the exact same letter out 3 weeks later. No one is in charge or else they are keeping the name WELL guarded.

How long did it take to get a "negotiator" assigned to you once you sent them the short sale request? I submitted mine 2 months ago & have not heard from them.

Lehighton, Pennsylvania

Worst customer service ever

I tried to open a CD with them this afternoon. The phone rep didn't know the rates, and when he obviously had difficulty with the simplest details, I asked where he was located. When he said "India", I thought for a moment and told him I was no longer interested. I then tried to contact the main office directly. Their phone system is the phone system from ***. You go round and round and never talk to anyone. When I finally did reach someone, I asked to speak with the Operations VP because I would like to register a complaint about their terrible customer service. I got transferred, but guess where? You guessed it, back to the phone system from ***. According to their own web site, their stock was trading at something line $0.60 cents today and that was down some 24%. I think it's pretty obvious that the wheels are coming off this bank.

So you knew the bank was in trouble yet you were calling them to sign up for a CD with them? Wow you are one smart ***.

If you don;t have a financial professional, and are having trouble with your bank I suggest that you get one. Have an independent consultant look at your situation and help you.

I am a fully licensed financial professional that provides free consultations (no obligation).

I pride myself on building relationships with my clients and believe customer service is "key", particularly when your dealing with an individuals money or finances.

#20273

I can so relate to your frustration. It's now been a year of this nightmare while the pocket book slowly empties from my pocket

Tonica, Illinois

Mike.perry@***.Com

You have complaints, Mike Perry is the person to direct them to if you feel you are not receiving the customer service with Indymacbank you deserve. Mike Perry is a person I admire. If you feel IMB is not meeting your expectations send him an email and present him with your circumstances and your supporting documentation. If IMB is making the mistake I'm sure it will be corrected. There are times getting through the lower eschalon of staff members and all you must do is escalate until you exhaust your resources and they have no choice but to escalate to Mike Perry.

:cry

Indymac is telling me I won't be able to extend my sale date scheduled for 10/24/09 and the review is taking long what can I do

Please help me I just lost my other property and I now depend on this house for me and my family..

Mike Perry - may you and all your other stinking criminal friends rot in ***.

IndyMac started doing business in 1985 as a unit of Countrywide Financial, which was recently purchased by Bank of America. Former Countrywide CEO Angelo Mozilo recruited Perry to head IndyMac and said Perry was “like my son.”

It's time for the courts to kick some butt and put these criminals behind bars for good.

As a former employee, he always said you get paid by performance…well. $9 Billion in TARP funds later, he should be in JAIL!

Mike perry stole my hard earned money. Indymac failed because mike perry is a lier and a swindler. A pig and a stinking swine

I'm sure the CEO is a little busy these days.

I have a short sale offer out at IndyMac and want to know the status as it is a very good offer, for an aging property. However, I think I'll just go through the regular channels.

I just wish they had more on their site about the short sale process. They have REO and forclusre information, but nothing about the short sale process.

View more comments (4)
Phoenix, Arizona

Charged me $7000 const to perm then offered no reasonable perm loan

I chose Indymac Bank for my construction loan. They stated that upon completion of the home I would pay no more closing costs($7000) to roll it over to a permanant mortgage. Well today the home is completed and Indymac told me I had two options 1. An 8.5% 5 year ARM. Yes I said 8.5%. The other banks are 5.5% at this time for a 5 year ARM. 2. A 5.5% 1 month LIBOR. That is like charging the house on a credit card. The mortgage specialist told me they no longer offer a 30 year fixed. I will be suing Indymac over this SCAM.
#204881

We received a construction loan from IndyMac in the summer of 2006 to build an estimated $1.5 Million home in California which would roll into a permanent loan when we were finished building the home.

So when we were finished in July 2007 we had a $1.2 Million loan amount; however, this was right at the point of the worldwide economic collapse and IndyMac removed every loan program from our list of options and only gave us 2 options: (1) a fully amortized loan between 8 and 9% or (2) a fully amortized 1 month Libor adjustable loan. Both of those two options were not sustainable and essentially setting us up for eventual failure.

They said that because we went stated income on our loan documents, which was suggested by the loan broker, we couldn’t qualify for a more affordable loan, like a interest only, when the construction loan rolled into a permanent loan. We had great income and credit; however, the loan broker steered us to the stated and inflated a lot of our numbers in order to qualify for the construction loan. If we knew that this would have made it impossible to qualify for an affordable permanent loan then we would have never signed up for the construction loan in the first place. That being said we don't know if IndyMac would have given us more affordable options, this is just what a representative said.

Now IndyMac/One West won’t even talk to us. We are current on our loan but we are only a few months away from being able to. IndyMac/One West has robbed us due to them removing all the many loan options that most borrowers have when we rolled from a construction to permanent loan.

They won't put someone on the phone with me who will even acknowledge what they did. They only suggest refinancing which is impossible due to the lower, underwater value.

EMAIL: bothofus@***.com

Same thing! Tried to move from cont to perm in sept 08.

still waiting! They said the are not sure what to do with me.

I was ready to get a permanant loan but there were some taxes that needed to be paid. I told them I couldn't make the payment so my loan never went to perm.

A month later they paid the taxes and now they won't do nothing until all the taxes are paid. In the meantime other intrest are adding up. All this could have been avoided if they had just paid everything like they did at the time of switching to a perm.

loan. IndyMac is not playing fair.

Exact same scenario with us as well. Has anyone found out of there is anything we can do to fight this?

Exact same thing. Construction to perm loan obtained in Dec 06, house finished in Oct 07 and no loan products available except an ARM with an obscene rate.

We had already qualified for the entire package(construction and permanent loan product) at the outset but were informed when the time came that this was all they could. Now we are struggling to make a payment that doesn't even include taxes or insurance.

We have never EVER had issues paying our mortgage and could have afforded this house if the terms had been honest. We were lied to throughout the entire process.

I just rolled my const to per loan in June. They quoted me a 5/1 ARM @ 9.875%.

After completely coming throwing a gasket they came down to 9.5%. I had no choice but to go through with it. Now I have a company trying to do a loan modification to a 30yr 5 to 6%. Basically we are all victims of Indymac mismanaging their money to the point where the Feds had to step in.

Its completely obvious that Indymac's garbage perm loan is a strong armed attempt to make us refi out and Indymac can get their liquidity back. To little to late.

There are no options. They will lie and cheat and never release the final draws.

I have been at it with Indymac for 8 months now.

These people need to be locked up. I'm so glad the FBI are investigating.

i am 2 months away from construction to perm and scared about what will be available. any advise?

The same thing happened to me as well. I have email correspondence from the broker stating that at perm my rate would be 6.25%, only now they want 9.5%....can you believe that.

The more I look this up on the computer, the more people I see have been misled. I think I will meet with an attorney on Monday.

I tried today to login to my construction loan and their site is down. I need to get my draws. Anyone else had this problem?

View more comments (12)
Milton, Florida
Loss

Do not open CD account with IndyMac!!!

It is impossible to close the CD account without getting charged. First of all, you have to wait on the phone to talk to a rep for over 40 minutes. When on, he/she does not give you accurate information. I asked the rep how to close my CD which matures in 5 days. He told me to send them a letter simply stating, "My CD is mature, please close it and transfer the money back to my orginial checking account (non-Countrywide)." So I did that. Little do I know, I checked my checking account, and I was charged $30 for a "wire-transfer" fee. The rep did not tell me that there was a fee!! Nor did he reveal the other option to closing an account which is to have them mail you a check (which costs nothing). I called again to complain, and had to wait another 40 minutes to talk to a rep, have her put me on hold for another 20 minutes, and zip... moral of the story, do not chose IndyMac for any services!!

I knew I recognized that snobby tone....

No, I'm not Indymac's Lawyer...just a soon-to-be brother-in-law pulling your leg. I hope you're not mad

So "getoverit", I'd doubt you can *** your tongue and not post a response when someone calls you "greedy" for no reason. And who are you, IndyMac's lawyer???

um, I am over it... just wait til someone calls you "greedy" and see if u can *** your tongue...

and by the way, who are u and why are even commenting on this? maybe, u should mind your own business and have some more valuable input...

rick

GET OVER IT! It's been almost two years, I think it's about time you moved on. IndyMac isn't around anymore...let it go!

First of all, how am I greedy if I am simply asking for my money back? To be greedy, I have to selfishly ask for MORE than what I had put in, which is not the case.

For those calling me "greedy", I think you guys gotta go back to school or maybe buy a dictionary.... I am pissed off because the reps at IndyMac are not knowledgeable and lied to me (yes, withholding the information about the fee is lying!) Yes, I did read the "terms and conditions". I never asked for a wire transfer, I was patient enough to wait for a check.

If the rep had informed me of that option, I would have happily took that route. I even asked him, "what are my options?" As reps for IndyMac, or any bank, please educate your employees!

#21986

When are any and all of you folks going to wise up and use Federal Credit Unions to do your banking. It's been common knowledge for over 29 ytears years that commercial banks and S&Ls never have, do not now, and never will be able to compete with credit unions.

Commercial banks have always been notorious for charging insulting customer fees to cover everything from paper clips to staples. Never, EVER use a commercial bank for any kind of loan transaction or expect to get good rates on your deposits.

If you can read...compare any local commercial bank's rates and fees to those of any credit union. Helloooooo....surprise :)

I wonder if I call them on Monday and ask for a " full reconveyance note", on my mortgage, will they be dumb enough to send me one?

lmao...hey it dont hurt to ask now does it.....

:cry I guess IndyMac bank got their comeuppance.

#20891

I had numerous CD acct with them, I had to close one of it, I faxed a written authorization to not renew, call back the 2nd day to comfirm, they didn't get it, or have a chance get to it since they had a lot of requests per day. I re-fax, called the next day to confirm, they got it, and process without problem.

Rule of thumb for the fee, you have to "read" the term and condition, as they were provided to you. If you don't understand, just ask C.S.!

View more comments (13)
Los Angeles, California

Indymac Bank keeps dragging their feet on short sales

I bought a condo that has been cursed since day 1. I ended up trying to rent it out which the Condo Association repeatedly denied. Finally I contacted Indymac to make payment arrangements and they recommended a short sale. After completing the paperwork and submitting an offer, Indymac proceeded to drag their feet, wanted $600 for fees, and ultimately procrastinated until the buyer walked. Thereafter Indymac said they wanted $14K more than the offer. Do you think I would have submitted a lower offer if I could have brought a higher offer???? They told me to list it at the higher price for 90 days, which I did, with-Surprise!-no bites. They then told me to list it lower and try to get a lower price. Excuse me???? So I brought an offer $20K less than the first offer. That was in February, it is still ongoing and my buyer wants to walk. This is how Indymac treats their customers. I had outstanding credit, now its going downhill fast. I've contacted my Congressman, this is just unsat. Good luck to anyone that wants to deal with this so-called bank. By the way, their customer service is about as responsive as a pirhana.

I deal with Indymac on a daily basis and yes they are the worst bank to deal with. I am a loan officer and i do about 30-40 files on short sales with Indymac there hard to work with but I get it done.

The problem is a short sale is also a government program and you don’t pay any fees or out of pocket money instead you receive money back from the HAFA or even traditionally short sale programs. I can help you do a short sale with no questions asked and there is no fee for my service as well I work for a government funded and HUD funded company.

Never work with a Lender directly you will always get the run around’sand end up nowhere if anyone is in the same situation please contact me and I might be of some help. My email is Ahomeloans2010@***.com and good luck

You agreed to pay them money, and you are complaining because they want you to pay it. If you paid the payments you agreed to pay, you wouldn't be in this mess.

If roles were reversed you would want to be paid what is do to you. :cry

#21976

I tried short sale with indymac three times now with them receiving all there money including fees they have added. the amount they are short is prepayment penalties they added, hidden in the paperwork without my knowledge.

they have cost myself and them three buyers since november 07. They are part of the housing recovery problem.

I guess it doesn't matter at this point now does it? Good luck on that short sale buddy because you are going to need it. Lesson learned....THINK before you buy!

Like I stated in my previous post. Indymac's own business incompetence has created what you see today.

A stock price of .30 cents, no mortgage business and billions of dollars of paper that is worth 50 cents on the dollar or less. This is what happens when arrogance gets in the way of business decisons.

Dragging their feet on short sales was just the tip of the iceberg. Now, with thousands of REO properties and billions in non performing paper they are looking for any bids What do you think, .20 cents on the dollar or what?

#19581

No matter, looks like IMB will be out of business in a matter of days from now.

#19456

Hey, Wolfie,

Can you read or what? I never used profanity in any of my postings.

It was someone responding to my post. I can see why you are bitter because you are one of those people like Candi who is spontaneous to purchase property and is now upset at the bank about the short sale process. Oh and news flash for you too IMB does not charge $300 to do short sales anymore. Maybe you need to do your homework and read before you start signing important loan documents or using profanity at people.

There is just one word that describes you and I don't need to use profanity either.

You are IGNORANT!! Do you need a definition or do you understand what that means?

#19352

Shari- Since you like to use profanity I would like to return the favor for the original poster and call you a jack ***

This is not necessarily about the poster buying a property that they could not afford or be put in a loan they could not afford, maybe you are one of those shady loan officers?

The post is also helping to educate potential short sale buyers of IndyMac properties.

I have an offer on a short sale and was notified that the 1st is through IndyMac. The posters story is consistant to all other sites requesting a $300 fee for them to unload their home... possibly.

This is a loss loss on three sides. Seller, Potential Buyer and well IndyMac has already lost their ***

These postings are helping me to make a decision to move on and understand that IndyMac is in some serious trouble and unless BofA takes on their debt, you as a faithful consumer are going to find yourself elsewhere.

Dont be so quick to criticize others.

#19171

Shari is 100% correct. The bank is already having to take a huge loss on the property and you want to get mad at them for wanting you to try and get more on the condo to curve their losses.

Its funny you think you have the right to complain about this situation when it was your own *** *** fault the condo is going into foreclosure.

I guess it makes you feel better to think its the big bad banks fault for your incompatence. Go play in traffic you ***.

JP, You missed the point completely. Perhaps you are the one that needs to wake up!

What I am trying to tell Candi and people like her is that they need to do their homework before making the most major purchase of their life.

A house is the American dream and should be researched thoroughly before signing the papers. Candi only found out after she moved in that it was not suitable for her and also found out the condo association would not allow her to rent it out? Don't you think that is something you would find out about before buying? Additionally she never said she had an affordability issue either. It is buyer's remorse and now the banks and consumers like myself are paying the price for people like this.

I never debated that the bank should have taken the offer or not. I only said they didn't have to. Yes it does make sense to take the offer considering what they would get if it was foreclosed on. Yes, I agree they are not in the most stable position either and need to take offers that make sense.

For the record JP...I am neither an employee of IMB or someone "hired" to run interference on message boards. I am a loyal customer of IMB. I have financed several properties with them and they have provided me with outstanding customer service and the best rates. I did my homework before I purchased my properties and am a happy IMB customer and homeowner.

View more comments (11)
Orlando, Florida
Loss

Indymac has 'absorbed' their fee for the last time!

i typically do all my banking online but i the last 6 mnths or so we had a fam illness & a loss. even w/ all the upheaval, i know this is my prsnl issue, so when i've realized that my online pymnt wn't mk it by the 15th w/o late fees, i go into a brnch; like that mattered. 3x's they have chrg'd me a $95.81 late fee!!! rep on the phone cldn't get my name right. the 'collection' rep's that call my hm can barely spk english, but boy they'll tell you that you'd better make a pymnt or "suffer the consequences". i loved indymac, but 2dy was the last straw- telling me that they'll "absorb" or "waive" the fee, as tho they were doing me a favor. i'm online shopping to refi right now!
#20441

so sorry that neither of you can read... maybe this is your only source of entertainment & for that, i feel such pitty for you...

the issue is that the payments were made on time, directly in the branch so that i honor my obligation & avoid a late fee... maybe u 2 shld hookup @ mcyd's or would that tear you away from the computer?

#19163

Your online shopping for a refi? Why, because the rep didnt pronounce your name correctly and they used the words that made it sound like they were doing you a favor by waiving your late fee?

Get a f'n life. The bank is doing you a favor by waiving your late fee. Did you have the cash in your bank account to pay for your house yourself? Obviously not which is why a bank had to lend you the money.

When you borrower money you agree to pay it back and part of that agreement is to pay it on time. You said you were charged 3 late payments right? Well obviously you neglected your payment 3 different times. Regardless of the personal issues that happen in your life, there is no excuse for having 3 late payments.

Sounds like the bank waived it all three times for you as well. You should be kissing their *** not shopping around for a new loan. Given your proven track record of paying your mortgage on time you can shop all you want and still probably wont qualify for a new loan anyways.

Wake up people. Take responsiblity for your own stupidity.

Hey omg do you know for sure that the person above has a mcmansion? Did you not read(though the spelling sucks) that the person had hard times with death in family and what not?

The person called in advance knowing unexpected expenses came up and was going to be late on payment, its called asking for help!!!!

There is no harm in asking bank to waive a late fee if your a good customer in good standing...Appears your above having hard times and quick to condemn others. Sure hope you dont live in a glass house!!!!!

obviously your payment is due on the first of every month and normally there is a 15 day grace period but that does not negate the fact that it is DUE ON THE FIRST. i realize emergencies happen, but when you know it is a monthly expense YOU HAVE TO PAY cuz you signed a document at closing stating you understand this fact....what the EFF are you doing waiting till the last minute and then blaming the institution for your obvious negligence? or can't you afford your mcmansion now and the $95 late fee breaks you and you have to choose between that or the gas for the bentley?

View more comments (3)
Ontario, California

Payment confirmation

I've made every honest attempt to properly execute a payment via thier e-commerce process on the web-site, however, three digits were missing due to a logic confusion. But, what's more confusing was the payment CONFIRMATION notification I received post completion which put me at ease... The NEXT day I checked on my account on-line and it was posted as payment made on the 13'th of may. TWO days later, I even called the 877-908-**** to further CONFIRM since this was my FIRST time doing this, and they said YES the payment has been made. Today the 19th, I received a phone call stating that I'm LATE on my payment and I'll be CHARGED all kind of late payment fees...bank-fees, etc... I looked on-line, and it still posted that my payment was MADE on the 13'th !!! I'd like to discuss this issue with you and/or your IT / AD group who designed your payment validation and confirmation system...you do NOT have any...well, not ON-LINE any way... This is MIS-LEADING... I attempted to explain this to MR. Jacob Perry, but he kept pointing the finger at ME stating that it's MY responsibility to INSURE correct DATA-ENTRY...Well, Sir...I think it's YOUR BANKS MORAL responsibility and ETHICAL DUTY to insure proper processing PRIOR to sending a FALSE CONFIRMATION. I request that all late & bank fees be dropped and an appology from Mr. Perry. Not just to me but all the OTHER customers ROBBED out of thier hard erned money...I think this is a trap for them to make more money... Thank you.

Dear Mr, Miss, Mrs, or *** IHateIndyMacBank,

Ok, so you swear you payment went through and you even have proof that it CLEARED in your bank account provide the bank with proof and they will immediately apply the payment.

Yes you have to show proof and i bet you are whining that you don't want a stranger seeing what is in your bank account. They don't care how much money you have or don't have. They just need to see the date of transaction, debit company name, the amount and the amount that was left in the account after the withdrawl.

Simple as that so quit your ***.

:( I hope all those nitwits get fired or layoff after the FDIC takes over. I also feel the online payment is unreliable.

I have used the online payment for 6 months and half of the time the payments goes through.

They claimed that the number i entered was wrong, but i used the same number everytime that is stored in memory on their system.

I will never use their online payment again.

yes! it's the bank's fault you entered your account information incorrectly...

the confirmation they provided was not false, you did schedule the payment. it is your bank's decision as to whether they will honor the payment you scheduled... which it sounds like you didn't... because once again...

YOU entered your account information wrong... so how is the bank at fault here?

1. You're right: if they tell you your payment was made via a confirmation screen/number, they are actively asserting that they've received payment and the onus is on them at this point.

2. The capitalization and bolding in your message -- while understandable -- is probably best left out when communicating with the bank. They are more likely to listen to a calm voice of reason than someone who is fired up. Your emotions are valid, but may work against you by putting them on the defensive. You need them to be in a problem solving mode, not combative.

Cheers,

Dennis

How are you gonna come online complaining about this? It sounds to me Mr.

Jacob Perry told it to you like it is, and you didn't like the truth. He's absolutely right, it's your responsibility to input the data correctly.

You deserve all the late fees and I doubt your going to get an apology, since this is your fault. Next time you post to this forum I hope you have a real complaint, not just proof of your idiocy.

apology is the correct spelling

:cry You should take personal responsibility. Why did you seek assurance?

Perhaps, because you had done something which you were uncertain about, and needed to confirm and ensure your actions? Who was it you spoke with on the 15th (the la. st day of the grace period to pay)? Or did you not call?

Regardless, your loan carrier, nor its representatives are to blame for your harebrained bungle.

:upset Next time, you might avoid this by paying closer to the first to insure more time in case you make a mistake, or by calling your lender before submitting payment YOU KNOW is missing crucial information (to get the information you are lacking). Or you could try using your whole brain.

Ok LADY his name is Mr. Mike Perry NOT JACOB!

Get it right if you want to seem important enough to complain about the CEO! BTW double check your accoutn numbers next time ***!

So you come on here to complain about an issue you obviously created yourself? You f'd up a couple of numbers and they were unable to connect your payment to your loan number right?

What a shocker? Probably had something to do with the 2 digits your *** left out of the account number. You received confirmation that the payment was accepted, as in it went through, as in you had money in your account. It would have been posted to your account if you weren't such a *** and actually put YOUR account number in correctly, so dont come on a legit complaint board and complain about your own *** mistakes.

Here's an idea, why dont you pick up a pen and your check book and write out a check like every other normal human being so you dont have this problem?

Paying online is a added conveinience for those of us who dont have our heads up our ***. Next time you are online trying to pay your bill, try removing your hand off of your johnson while looking at *** midget ***....that way you'll have both hands to type with and maybe you'll put your ENTIRE account number in correctly jagoff.

:cry The crazy Indymac bank is run by nitwits!! Same thing happened to me over a payment I made online.

They need to update the puters they use.

View more comments (9)
Newark, New Jersey

Indymac

Same complaint as Andiebiz, My CD matured, called yesterday on May 6 (Grace period through May 9) asked to not renew and close my account, was told that they did not have a signature card, needed a notarized letter stating that the account is to be closed, faxed it to them as instructed and now getting the runaround. This is really bad business and seems to be the mo of this bank. I am not sure how to resolve this and get my money back, can anyone please point me in the right direction on how to accomplish this. Please write if you can provide any assistance.

I am in China and viewved the news on Indimac..what are peolple being told by the government to get their money returned?

:eek Helpful website to steer me clear of what seems inappropriate banking practices at Indimac Bank. I'll go elsewhere and have less dividend but assurance I can get my money out.

:grin Good point! I just don't understand why they want it to be notarized.

Seems like too much trouble. Although, in these times, it pays to be a little more paranoid about your money and identity.

#11996

Here's how you solve this little problem. Call up Michael J.

Fox and see if you can borrow the DeLorean from "Back to the Future", travel back in time 6 months when you got the CD, put on your f'n glasses and read the agreement between you and the bank, making sure you pay very close attention to the part that states "holder must submit notarized letter at least 14 days prior to maturity to have the account closed," and then follow those instructions so that you dont run into this little problem. You say your bank (IndyMac) is giving you the run-around...maybe you should own up to your own ignorance that created this situation.

Run-around? I think you need to give IndyMac a reach-around just for putting up with your ugly ***

View more comments (3)
ID
#120114 Review #120114 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Atlanta, Georgia

Indymac Bank lied

oct of 07, indymac put us in foreclosure for default in payment. we got attorney and we proved we were not behind. they could show evidence that evidence that we were behind. also when i look online at my account it shows 6 months behind. i am very pissed and want to refinance but can't because of what their records show. we have contacted the attorney general and the nationwide media. they have until may 9th to get their records updated. we will sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they need to be put out of business. we have called on several occasions and get no where with these people. i have talked with a ken, miranda, joe, brandon, keith, mike, lisa, karen...foreclosure dept i have spoke with brian, alisha, jay, jason, some foreign man who i couldn't understand. so you never get anywhere. when i call to ask the status of our account i hear that we are in foreclosure since sept 07. people it is april 2008, how in the *** are we still living in the house if we are still in foreclosure? they have every excuse in the book as to why they can't do this or do that. they don't do their job. they do, do it when it comes to taking someone's home. they suck, and if it is the last thing i do, i will see them go out of business or have to go bankrupt. everyday i am building more and more evidence to ruin them. so you let them keep right on not updating our account. i am a consumer that is not going to just sit back and they rob me blind. they still say right now we are 1 month behind. when is actually we are paid up until july, but do you think those dumb *** have that in their records, NO, but i do and so does my attorney and the attorney general and the media. i have had it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone notice that when it can time for these loans to adjust that the credit ratings changed also, which made it harder for people to refinance their loans? And with my loan Indy Mac had already set up modication papers 2yrs in advance.

Check your documents to see if you can tell where they did cut and paste with them.They lied about income and at one time they even added someone else income in my file so that they could say that they could not modify my loan.Look for pages with your signature but no date. Legal documents should have not only a name but also a date.

I've had some of the same problem and have spoken to some of the same people. The object of their game is to keep causing you to owe more intrest as long as they don't settle the problems the more intrest rate they can keep adding to the loan. Yes they do need to be stopped.Every Gov agency that I talked are just turning there heads and saying that there is nothing that can be done.have you gotten any help from them?

need to rot in ***. I have never seen such an evil force of people in my life!!

If there is karma...these people will reap what they sow.

Liars, cheaters, and absolutley pitiful human beings. They will not blink an eye to steal from the hardworking little guy...street rats!!

hi indy mac bank is wrong and they are bad news i will never in a life time do bussiness with them so for future anyone please stay away from this bank thank you

Just a warning to anyone considering a loan through Indymac. I would think twice. They have been nothing but a thorn in my side for the last three years.

I've been trying to modify my loan for a year now, but now they've come up with the new 31% rule. If your mortgage is 31% or less than your GROSS income, that is an affordable payment. WTF! Isn't that the mentality the lenders had that got everyone in this mess in the first place.

Just don't bother with those people. Find someone, anyone else to lend to you, or you will find yourself getting raped by Indymac Bank. I would put it in skywriting if I could. INDYMAC BANK SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Do anyone know what happens after your mortage loan is charge off.And sent to collection agency

I had a loan with indymac and it went into forclosure the day before the auction the cancel it and charge off my account. Now they are sending it to a collection agency,if i didnt have money to pay them how am i suppose to pay a credit agency.They charge it off and it would have been off of me if they would have let it sale.But thats how dirty indymac is guess i file bankrupt

I have never been late yet Indymac calls me daily to see when I will make payment. I tell them I'll make it when I make I'm not late dont call me.

Pure harassmet, they will argue with me and say I have to tell them WHAT THE *** I amost dont want to pay now.

I have been with five years never close to late. I have recorded phonecalls so any lawyer interested let me know.

This comment is to Joe Bob and Heywood Jeblomie.... for your comments...well your name says it all..

First of all it goes to show how much you know the sheriff did come out. That is why we had to get an attorney and yes we went to court and yes we proved that we were on time every time and never late. And just so you look like an *** they did *** up and had to admit it. Also you dickweed we were making our monthly payment along with 500.00 extra every month to go to prinicipal for the past 2 yrs and for the last 6 months all of sudden our 500.00 was not being added.

Guess what?? A worker there was pocketing it. You know what you are probably the one working there taking our money. So how dumb do you feel you sorry ***.

You don't tell me how to do ***, b/c I am one that keeps up with my *** and *** like you will end up homeless and without a job b/c you are ***. BTW, i don't have that high of a monthly mortgage you ***. I know what we can do and what we can't as far as money. There again that goes to show you how much you don't know.

Oh yea, I guess that is why the FDIC went in and done their thing is b/c of *** like you. Now go *** yourself you ***!!!!!!!

View more comments (17)
ID
#119005 Review #119005 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Clinton, North Carolina