Show reviews that mention
loan indymac bank loan modification modification mortgage indy mac home money payment
Filter review

Indymac Bank - IndyMac taking disabled person's home

Indymac is still up to it's old tricks. It is now taking my home, I am disabled, barely able to walk and they have my home scheduled for a foreclosure sale on September 13, 2011. All the while, they continue to claim to be working on a loan modification for me. This is truly the most unscrupulous company ever and they are working with the government's blessing. They say to go to HUD, HUD won't help, you continually get the run around and are asked to submit the exact same information time after time after time. I have more than a dozen requests for the same information and have submitted it back to them every time. This is an example of how low the US has fallen. Letting a disabled person who cannot care for himself be thrown out in to the street all in the shadow of the "economic slowdown". This is outrageous and people should be rioting in the streets. How does a country fall to such a low level. I guess they will have to spend a few more dollars when they show up to throw me out...they will have a dead body to dispose of. They are leaving me no choice. I have no family and no means of getting another place to live. I pray that IndyMac employees have a very hot spot in *** reserved for them.

I understand that you are not satisfied with many aspected of IndyMac, however, it is plain cruel and unusual to wish bad things on employees of Indymac. Sure, there are upper levels behind the scenes but there are also entry level employeed trying to hold down a job and keep their OWN homes out of f.c. Be considerate not selfish

Nashville, Tennessee
Loss

Indymac Bank - OWB - IMB Attempting to foreclose...help!

August 23rd, 2011 I am currently involved in a court action in Daviess County Superior Court. In this case ONE WEST BANK is attempting to foreclose on my home and property (Daviess County, Harrison Township). I have lived at the property since I moved back home to Indiana from Minnesota in 2005. I became the lawful owner of the property at the moment when the former owner, and I agreed to a price of at least $21 silver money and I took possession (a constitutional sale). This transfer was lawfully filed and recorded in the Recorders Office in Daviess County. I have also filed a land patent in Daviess County Indiana and notice of it was published in the Times Herald for three days which allowed 90 days for anyone to challenge ownership or place liens upon the property. None were filed and the land patent which I filed was perfected. There is no higher proof of ownership in this land than a perfected land patent. I have stated from the beginning of this case almost a year ago that ONE WEST BANK does not have and cannot produce the original unbesmirched note. It is physically impossible for them to do so. Under the law ONE WEST BANK may not foreclose on my personal, private property without having lawful physical possession of both the mortgage and the note. They have provided no evidence of being the lawful owner of either item as they have provided only photocopies and not original documents. In this matter I have filed approximately 500 pages of documents and motions. I have asked for a hearing not less than seven times and to date have only received a "pre-trial conference." Ninety days later I received a letter in the mail from the court which showed that the judge had ruled on all the motions in the case on July 27th, 2011 and had denied all my motions but one. My due process rights were egregiously violated by the court. By the judge ruling in this manner it has the appearance that the court has also violated Cannons 1,2 & 3 of the Code of Judicial Conduct. When I went to the courthouse on Monday August 1st, 2011 I was denied access to the file for this case. I asked to look at the file and was denied. The judge had ruled on July 27th, 2011 that ONE WEST BANK had to provide me with a certified copy of the note and that they had to file the original note with the court. In order to properly respond to ONE WEST BANKS motion for summary judgment I MUST see the file to verify whether or not they have provided the court with the Note. Further, I have the right to inspect the note to determine if it is or is not the authentic, original, unbesmirched note. This is a public document to which as a party I am particularly privy. My due process rights in this matter are being denied by the court. Again, a second issue with due process. ONE WEST BANK must have and lawfully posses the mortgage and the original unbesmirched note in order to foreclose. I have told the court, repeatedly, that ONE WEST BANK does not have and cannot produce the original note. ONE WEST BANK does not have standing to bring any action in court. The individual who retained council has never been identified and causes one to believe that the attorney brought this action himself. The copy of the note, furnished by ONE WEST BANK has been endorsed and securitized. That is unlawful. I had to file another motion this morning and respond to a Motion for Summary Judgment which ONE WEST BANK filed in the matter. When I filed my motion this morning I had to ask three times for a hearing to be scheduled in this matter. Each time I was told that the judge would have to review my documents and decide what he is going to do. ONE WEST BANK does not have standing to support a Summary Judgment. I have provided the court with a substantial amount of evidence on my behalf which clearly indicates that ONE WEST BANK is acting Ultra Vires and is perpetrating fraud upon the court. I have cited numerous examples for the court where ONE WEST BANK is involved with other court matters of other persons and has committed fraud. In this case the judge has ignored fatal flaws which were committed by ONE WEST BANK and their attorney. ONE WEST BANK failed to mail me a number of documents which were filed with the court on December 23rd, 2010. When I filed a motion with the court to have my case decided by default in my favor for this fatal error my motion was denied in direct opposition to the rules by which the court is to be conducted. ONE WEST BANK is committing fraud and has done so in this case from the beginning. By the Court allowing ONE WEST BANK to proceed in this matter without demanding that ONE WEST BANK produce original wet ink documents, inclusive of a proper and unbroken chain of title, and prove lawful ownership of said documents by due process as is my right under the law is being repeatedly denied. I seek an immediate decision in my favor in this case and demand treble damages in the amount of $981,000 from ONE WEST BANK and their attorneys for their willful and fraudulent misconduct in this case.

It look like you took over a home that had a lien on it without consent from the lender which is fraud. Remember the court can ask you to provide the original agreement with the bank that you sign with the bank on the home.

Stanford, Kentucky

Indymac Bank - Either crooks or incompetent

I have been with them for 5 years. Talked to 2 different reps last Wed. Thu. and they said I needed $3000 by July 31st and my loan would be completely caught up and they were just waiting on an exact figure. I talked 2 these 2 girls for at least an hour an they assured me it was correct and even gave me there special name and ID and said not to worry. The most the catch up payment would be $3100 or so with penalties and I would be guaranteed to go back to my regular payment of $1565. I called this afternoon to see if they had the figure and a new rep said I needed $8400 or else another repayment plan of $5900 down and something like $2200 for 5 more months. If I can't come up with the $5900 or $8400 they are foreclosing on me now. This is ridiculous. Is there any way I can have them play back the recording of the girl telling me the payment would be $3000, I talked to her for an hour and she guaranteed me not to worry and all the info she was giving me was true. I am not sure what to do now, I have a wife and 3 children and am worried to death. I can't even sleep. Let me know if there is anything I can do for myself or help anyone else with the same situation. I am starting to believe they are either crooks or incompetent. One or the other. Thanks for your time.

Yes there is something you can do. YOU WILL NOT WIN WITH THEM.

Hire a lawyer and stop paying and find out everything about your loan. 2006-2008 your loan is def screwed up.

FIGHT THEM !!! Meanwhile save your money.You have to escape them or they will turn you to the streets.....

Our Mortgage too are with Indymac/OneWest. They are both Incompetent and crooks.

They lead us to believe they modify our loan but they didn't. They asked too many documents and denied us 3 times. Our house were shceduled for auction 4 times. First acution were stopped because we pay them over $28,000 to be current.

2nd auction, my husband flew to the other island where we live to file for Bankcraftcy. We hired a lawyer to apply for modification for us and yet we were denied. Before the third auction, we hired a forensic auditor and she work with a lawyer and they were able to stop the 3rd and 4th auction. The latest was Sept.1st.

We've been in this situation since April of 2009. It was very distressful situation. It consumes our time, lossing business etc. etc.

My husband is a senior citizen and I am 40 yrs old and 3 children (7,5 & 3).

I would like to get in touch with you and other people whose their mortgage are at Indy. If its possible I want to get in touch with Kathy.

I know how you feel. I have been fighting with One west/Indymac for months and have come within days of foreclosure.

DON'T GIVE UP! I know the depths of despair and loss of not only sleep but even a meaningful existance. You need to contact NACA and right away. Go to their website.

If you can get to one of their events, you can meet with your lender and Naca will advocate for you. Without Naca, I would have lost my home. Is Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac your investor? (owner of your loan?)They can help too.

Don't speak to an agent at One West...speak to a supervisor. They have two computer screens and they don't speak to each other, The agent screens know nothing.

You need to call everyday and document every call. Start with Naca today. Don't wait.

it's free.

They are a non profit and powerful. Keep in touch with me as I want to start a movement against Indymac/One west.

View more comments (2)
Hampton, Virginia

IndyMac Bank

I received our denial due to immient sale today. What's funny is that IndyMac was working with my Loan Modification group and told them everything was fine and moving forward. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing there and they don't care. They have postponed our sale date several times and even stopped the sale date while they completed paperwork. Now they can't do anything! When is somebody (the gov't Ha Ha) going to actually step in and make them do what they're supposed to; keep people in their homes.
indymacfu

Typical IndyMac double talk. They say they are trying to help you with a loan modification while they are just stalling you to get your home sold.

The US government bailout at it's FINEST! My sale day is 9/13/2011...they will have a massive smell to deal with when they come to put me in the street.

They will need to have the HAZMAT team with them...and the coroner. America is truly taking care of it's disabled citizens.

Our house was going into foreclosure and about twenty days before the foreclosure date we were told the foreclosure date had been lifted and no future date was posted. Relieved we pressed forward with the modification process only to find our house was sold on the original date to Deutsche bank and now they are set to evict us. :(

Ridgecrest, California

Indymac Bank - Denied 2 times by Indymac for Loan Modification

IndyMac has denied my HAMP modification twice due to imminent foreclosure sale of the property. As others, I have applied several times for HAMP modification and have submitted all paperwork requested of me. IndyMac has given me a very hard time and have been given the runaround constantly. It is obvious they can not find a solid reason to deny me for the modification since we certainly qualify. How convenient for banks to take money from the government for bailouts and supposedly to assist the those of us that want to keep our homes and have legitimate reasons for falling behind yet we are given the runaround consistently and our homes are being auctioned off;. My husband and I have been very stressed having to deal with IndyMac Bank and not getting anywhere'. All the bank has done is feed us lies after lies|. I can go on and on with stories of my dealings with IndyMac Bank,. I am soooooo tired of dealing with IndyMac Bank and getting nowhere! Is anyone out there that can help!
liliana

The main thing here is that the Banks gain more when the home is taken away, they sell it in auction or in foreclosure sale and then the money that u think they lost, they get it from the PMI (private mortgage insurance that you paid every month inside your mortgage payment. SO bottom line______ they never Loose.

I have been in the real estate business for about 8 years now and just recently discoved real help to this ongoing problem check it out and do your own reasearch.... www.jml.mortgagefreeandclear.net GOOD Luck and God bless

Mineral, Virginia

Indymac Bank - Denied HAMP mod due to imminent sale date.

IndyMac has denied my HAMP modification twice due to imminent foreclosure sale of the property. As others, I have applied several times for HAMP modification and have submitted all paperwork requested of me. IndyMac has given me a very hard time and have been given the runaround constantly. It is obvious they can not find a solid reason to deney me for the modification since I am certain we qualify. I requested a postponement of the sale date many times and was always told no. Finally the day before my home was due to be auctioned off I was granted a postponement for a month on the sale of my home. Of course, I had to get very upset on the phone ask to speak with a supervisor, etc. But of course, a supervisor is NEVER available to take a call. Now again I am denied for the same reason. IndyMac can not seem to find any other reason to deny me for, when they can change the sale date of my home easily. Isn't it what the HAMP program is for? To help families keep their homes and not become homeless. How convenient for banks to take money from the government for bailouts and supposedly to assist the those of us that want to keep our homes and have legitimate reasons for falling behind yet we are given the runaround consistently and our homes are being auctioned off. My husband and I have been very stressed having to deal with IndyMac Bank and not getting anywhere. All the bank has done is feed us lies after lies. I can go on and on with stories of my dealings with IndyMac Bank. I just hope my marriage can survive this foreclosure. I am soooooo tired of dealing with IndyMac Bank and getting nowhere! Is anyone out there that can help! Alicia Gutierrez
Julio

Hello Indymac - One west Bank community... you guys may wanna Google search "CPAC Non Profit Law Clinic wins against Indymac Bank" this may interest you. CPAC Non Profit Law Clinic got my neighbors house back after he was foreclosed on!

Join the group indymaccomplaints@gmail.com

size matters!!!!!!!!!

Herndon, Virginia

Indymac Bank - IndyMac will not give me forbearance.

I had my mortgage modified under the HAMP program in May, 2010 with the help of an attorney. In November, 2010, I was let go from my job and have been unemployed for over 6 months. I have missed one month's mortgage payment. I called IndyMac and requested a forbearance period and sent in the required documents. My forbearance request was denied becuase "Your loan has been previously modified through the Home Affordable Modification Program". I have heard from many people and attorneys that forbearnce can be decided by the bank. How do I get IndyMac to help me?? Do I need professional help, i.e. an attorney?
Julio

join us at indymaccomplaints.com

Huntington, New York

Indymac Bank - Indy Mac/One West bank I hatec

I just have to say how i hate Indy Mac and they help me lose everything i work so hard for. I requested a modification and because they customer did nothing but confuse me, lose my paperwork, confirming they recieved it and than to find out they had it, never did I ever get the same answer from customer service,one rep says i was approved another said i wasn't,I got a congration letter and i was so happy two days later i was shot down with a denial notice. Does anyone at one west commuicate with each other? Ij ust don't know what to do, they have forced me to short sell.
ID
#241962 Review #241962 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Los Angeles, California

Indymac Bank - Foreclosed on my home.

I requested several times for a loan mod and/or hardship help from Indymac but denied.I needed to get my loan modified from an adjustable interest only loan to a fixed rate. From 2004 until 2009, I made my loan payment on time during the mos of not employed.I exhausted all my savings and borrowed from my credit card to make payments just to have the bank tell me that my house would not appraise for what I owe. The loan officer said that my house don't appraise for what I owe and that I should try elsewhere. How *** was that when this bank knew my payment history.
J.Moore

Eh, it is messed up a bit, from your side. But put yourself in the position of the bank.

Your home is collateral. Now their collateral is way less that what they gave you. If it was you, you probably wouldn't do anything either. Sorry, i DO understand.

I have had 3 foreclosures. It sucks and doesn't seem fair.

Savannah, Georgia

Indymac Bank - Ind/one west mort forced us into foreclosure ....

we fell behind 1 month and indymac/one west wanted some rediculous amount or wouldn't accept any payment. we then fell behind and after 6 months found out from other sources about a Modification. We thenwent through the very long process of them requesting stuff oveer and over and loosing all of our paperwork then finally got a modification. The 3 month trial period turned into 6 and 9 months into it they just stopped processing our payment. 3 months later we are being foreclosed on. After going through all the bull again they re-modified the loan again. Same thing, 6 months later just stopped processing our payment and after 3 monthas said we owed over ten-thousand dollars. So they are foreclosing on our home. 2 adults and 3 children with absolutly nowhere to go and no money! Get the best lawyer you can and go after these bastards or you too will end up on the streets!!! no bull.

I met with 3 California attorneys in the past month. All said they would not take my case because the loan is with Indymac.

They said Indymac gets paid to foreclose on your home.

The last lawyer said it would be a waste of his time and our money. That's an honest answer from someone who would've profitted no matter the outcome.

Did you find a lawyer who will fight for you?

If you did, let me know.

I am in California and in need of a great lawyer who can save me and my family.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Indymac Bank - One West Dodging the Loan Mod

To everybody body who is having problems with one west do let them stall. Do not trust them because you will be served with an unsuspecting unwarranted foreclosure notice. Get an attorney and fight back. They wont be satisfied until your family is homeless. I encourage you to now file a complaint with the OTS since the Governments crosshairs are now on them. America unite and stand up for yourself quit giving up and find a good attorney. If we overwhelm them with single suits they will go down. They tried to do it to me and now your next. Dont be blinded

Did you find a good lawyer?

IF you did, I want to talk to him.

Let me know.

I am in California

If you sren't making your mortgage payments, the foreclosure is not unwarranted.

San Jose, California

Indymac Bank - INDYMAC/ONE WEST BANK

I am very frustrated at this point. I would have been happy to do a refinance but that was not an option because the LTV wouldn't work. I was told I had to miss payments to get either a short sale (which I do not want) or a loan modification. I did so and entered the lengthy process of sending and resending documents only to be told that they still don't have them. Then, miraculously, they are found while I am talking to one of their representatives on the phone and giving them date and time history which I have in a very detailed file. I have two letters that I received the same day in October. The first one is dated October 5th and asks me to physically sign a fax I sent explaining "other income" on my tax return of less than $700. The second is dated October 20th and it says I was denied for a loan modification because I didn't sign the letter I was asked to sign on the 5th and return it within 30 days! Of course the 20th is only 15 days after the 5th. The second time I was denied I was asked to send in a P & L for the period from August through October of last year. I asked if I should send it for the dates from September through November since it was the end of December. They said no, they wanted the August through October period. They also asked for a new 4506-T. I sent those in and called a week later as requested. That date they said I had to redo the RMA and they told me which pages they wanted me to fill out and return. I did that and sent it in first thing on the 8th. They told me to call back the following Wednesday or Thursday. I called back and they said everything was being reviewed and that I should call back in two days. I called back two days later and they said my file had been closed a week earlier (before the date they said everything was being reviewed) because it had been open too long. So of course I am very frustrated. I have done and redone documents, sent them in over and over again, and I still get a run around. Three other people I know started this process at the same time I did with other banks and they all had their permanent loan modifications by early Fall! And I am more qualified than any of them. I know I am qualified for the HAMP program and I know that I pass the NPV test as well.

I filed a chapter 13 also, Can I talk to you?

If you can, please call me @(818)438-0066

Is there a class action law suit pending against IndyMac. I hope so.

They have been giving us the run around for over a year now. I filed a chapter 13 and they are still coming after me.

HELP

Ann Arbor, Michigan

Indymac Bank - IndyMac/OneWest Mortgage

My story is the same as everyone else's. They have screwed me over. We need to figure out if we should walk away or ask for "cash for keys". We have exhausted our savings, and we still owe $282,000 on our home. The house next door is in foreclosure and it is on the market for $24,000. (we live in Henderson NV). There are some condo's for sale for $27,000 and old houses for $55,000 in our area. We want to cash in some of our retirement money to buy one of these, so there will not be a mortgage. Can we do that? My attorney is telling me the only way to get out of the house is to file bankruptcy, and that would mean that if we bought anything within two years it would be taken away from us. I don't want to rent a place, the rents around here are really high, so buying would be our best option. This is horrible, we tried and tried to refinance with them, they strung us along for 8 months before saying I make too much money. Our mortgage payment is 2,142.00 a month and our income is now 1,820 a month. I don't see how that is too much money, but I know Indymac denies everyone. They also deny everyone on short sales, so the cash for keys seems to be the best way to go (although I have heard they deny everyone on that too). Does anyone have any suggestions? This is so stressful. My husband had just been rehired at his job, and worked for 4 months before being laid off again, he is not eligible for unemployment. I am disabled, and am taking care of my ailing 88 year old mother and my father just died 4 months ago. I know we will never be able to afford that house again. My husband is a construction worker and even if he finds another job, nothing pays as well as construction and there is nothing being built in Las Vegas anymore. I don't trust Indymac, and although I have a lawyer, he is swaying me to do one thing, but I don't know if it is in my best interest. Thank you

Did bank say that you're making too much or too little? I can't think of a bank that wouldn't lend for earning too much, unless they consider you a bad risk.

Las Vegas, Nevada

Indymac Bank - Indymac/Onewest loan modification

OneWest Bank, formerly IndyMac is fraud, they would just give you the run around and say they have not received the docs, but out of nowher they find it, and by the time they find it they are all expired and it is time to start sending them the new docs again and this goes on and on, they want it to last it as long as they can, so then to your surprise there is a sale date, even though they will tell you it is on hold all ies, it is just they don't want you to take any actions, and once you find out and thinking they will either postpone or change that date until you come to an agreement guess what wrong again. By the time you find out what they are really asking for you ran out of time and there is the sales date which they have told you that the ssales is on hold and you thinking they will give you the decission before they sale the house wrong, they will keep the sales date and notify you they tried to change the date but the invenstor is not willing to do so. They just keep lying to everyone to the attornesy to people to the government. I think there must be someone who knows how to put a stop on this big banks which they can do what ever they want, and I and you the average Joe, since we do not have the money to fight them back at courts, have to drop our cases which they are very well aware of, end up wining. Please if anyone has any ideas please post them and get us all get united, one can not do much, but if there are enough of us maybe the least we can put a dent on this money hungry banks. So please if there is anyone out there with any ideas lets share.

Yeah, its all the same. I had seen they were trying to organize a very large protest and I could assure you if they get enough people that will open their eyes.

Maybe they should start a giant riot and tear the town up.

Is the what it takes to open the eyes of the Government and make them realize theres a problem? It just isnt right, I have complained to every Federal and State officials I could find and of course no response.

we have been modified three times by indy/west bank and every time they stop accepting payments and demand 9-10,000 dollars to bring loan current. now they are foreclosing on us. phila.pa.

Los Angeles, California

Indymac Bank - Indymac refuses to modify my loan

Indymac refuses to modify my 30 year fixed loan with them stating that I am not late in my payments threfore I do not qualify. They also refused to re-finance my loan stating I do not have enough equity. I am pissed! What can I do? When they gave me the loan they did not ask for any documents such as tax returns or any verification of my income. It is a "Stated Income Loan" , or a "No document Loan." They did not use due-dillegence in determining if I could afford the loan. They appraised my home for $440,000 when the gave me the loan and now they say my homeis only worth $217,000. My loan is $200,000 therefore they say I do not have enough equity for a re-finance. The federal Home loan modification program is voluntary and does not require any lender to modify a loan. What can I do, because soon I will not be able to make my payments and will lose my home after living in it for over twenty years. Ron Ataide Clovis, Ca.

Do a forensics audit and get a lawyer.

If you do the audit they will most likely suggest a lawyer for you.

It will cost you around 500.00-600.00 a month for them to do the audit but it's well worth it.

Fresno, California