Show reviews that mention
loan indymac bank loan modification modification mortgage indy mac home money payment
Filter review

Indymac Bank - FRAUD

Indy Mac Bank does nothing to help you get a loan mod or any way to keep your house...They must be sued in a Class Action proceeding in NY...Thousands of people are in the same boat against this so called servicer.All the State' s District Attorney's know the whole foreclosure review process was a government sponsered Scam too. The banks do not pass on Federal money to help home owners and no one is monitering what they do with funds the Fed's gave them to help people retain their homes or be re paid for illegal foreclosure processes. There is no over sight to anything Banks and note holders do.
ID

Indymac Bank - IndyMac securitized my loans without me knowing. I've lost everything.

We took loans out with IndyMac Bank on our 3 rental houses in 2005. The apreciated values were appraised at $824,000 collectvely. Our loans were for approximately $579,000. My wife and I are now senior citizens and were hoping to sell them in 2011 or 2012, pay off the loans and have some retirement funds. Because of what happened by the bank securitizing the loans and 'gambling' them away on wall street we now have nothing from them along with the loss on our residence. We can't seem to qualify for any of the millions and billions of settlements via the government either. I'm looking for a avenue to receive some restoration and can't seem to find any. my phone number is 702.444.6144. can someone direct me to a company that actually could help?
ID

Indymac Bank - IndyMac chance to sell house for principle, now they don't want to release it

Update by user Nov 26, 2012

PS... I still have been notified of foreclosure on my home. They stated it has begun, but I have not been served anything stating we are in foreclosure.

Update by user Nov 26, 2012

Well, the buyer ended up walking. Had submitted a Short-Sale form to Indymac.

1 month ago to get process started. Never heard anything back. Asked for a payoff, never received it. Called again for pay off, said that was good through \'yesterday\', will have to send a new one through the end of the month.

I\'m still waiting on that one (been 2 weeks).

It\'s very obvious, they do not want our home to sell... :(

Original review posted by user Oct 26, 2012

Tried a loan modification years ago after a divorce, it was a joke. But, moving to today's Injustice... Have had house on market since March. Called the bank. First man said, we're fine, you're not in foreclosure. Received a good offer and accepted. Called bank again (2 hours apart). Woman said, you are in foreclosure. I have not been served with foreclosure papers, nor certified mail that we're in foreclosure. Now, she said they will not release house unless principle and additional 'payoff' is paid. Offer pays principle. Here is a chance for everyone to come to a good conclusion... Bank has house sold, Seller met obligation, Buyer has new house. Yet, now bank wants to balk and not release the house!! Are you kidding me? I am so angry, words can not describe... They want an additional $8k, or threatening not to release the house...

Indymac Bank - INDYMAC/ONE WEST BANK ARE THIEVES

During the financial meltdown starting in 2008, I applied to Indymac for a mortgage modification several times, making sure all requested paperwork was checked, signed and complete. They kept insisting they did not receive a complete package. BULL! I finally got them to agree to a forbearance (reduced payments) for 6 months in November of 2011. I signed the contract they sent stating how important it was to make the reduced payments on time, which I did. However, they simply held onto the lesser payments until the next months payment arrived before processing thereby permitting a technical "missed payment". At the end of the 6 month program, they claim I am 4 months behind in my payments and that every payment since November 2011 has been late. I am now on a federal program the specifically does not allow it's contributions to go towards prior missed payments, but Indymac is doing just that anyway, and the "Keep Your Home California" administrators know of this and apparently approve. This cut-throat tactic permits them to continue marking each of the payments received as being late, and report it to the 3 credit agency's, And now I find out that KYHC people have placed a lien against the home for 9 months worth of future payments they've barely stated making. If any one has the choice of where their mortgage ends up, stay away from Indymac/One West Bank, honorary members of the Bankers Manifesto.

Indymac did exactly the same thing to my ederly and disable parents they applied for modification submitted everything that was needed and asked for sent it around 7 to 8 times the same document and we called and they stated it was in review and to give them (INDYMAC) a call with in three weeks.. afteer that three weeks they stated there missing something I said I sent INDYMAC all they requested for at less 7 to 8 times faxed it, sent by certified mail. after waiting at less 8 to 9 months parent

was turned down...there reason was they were missing on written document ha ha ha wow..then my parents reapplied again did the same run around sending the recent document and bank statement over and over and over again just to be turn down again...REASON WHY..my parents NEVER BEEN LATE ON THERE MORTGAGE PAYMENT AND INDYMAC RECOMMENDED MY PARENTS TO DO A FORECLOSURE... ALSO AFTER indyMAC turn down my parents modification my parents received a letter stating there mortgage will be changing in the beginning of the year WOW INDYMAC IS It turns out it is far more economical for them to foreclose, as opposed to modify--whether or not proper authority to do so.well I dislike how INDYMAC CONDUCTED THERE SELF TO MY PARENTS WHO ARE IN HARDSHIP iNDYMAC IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE WHO ARE IN THERE WORST STAGE OF LIFE MIGHT LOSE THERE HOME.WELL I am tired of watching my 82 year old father and mother worry about being turned down for modification ...so I have been doing my own research on the california regulation of laws of the bill of rights borrowers... look up Repaying the Victims of Predatory Lending and Fraudulent Foreclosures ..it say ..There is some potentially good news: The US Justice Department in conjunction with bank regulators, attorneys general and HUD are cracking down on the predatory lenders and other mortgage companies who mishandled mortgages or illegally foreclosed on up-to-date loans. They will be determining exactly how big the fines and other penalties should be for lenders who misappropriated and mishandled their mortgages.

Proposed penalties include fines for the banks and lenders, adjustments to the remaining principal owed on some home loans, and forced changes to the way that loans are issued. One key point is the ending of "dual-track" mortgages, a system that allows lenders to seize property even while they are negotiating with the owner of the property to lower the owner's monthly payments. i hope that my comments and experience has helped people who are in distress. do not get discourage gather your thoughts and start doing search on being a borrower your right and what is the regulation law and what can lenders do and what they can not do.. look up the list if you are a victim of predatory lender Fraudulent Foreclosures. good luck

Teran
@PissedConsumer579521

The same thing is happening with me. What is the latest with your folks?

Thank you for sharing. :cry

Indysac is part of the Government which means they have the permission to violate you any way they want. They are just one pathetic example of our governments way of using the American People.

When I tried to get just an application to modify my loan I was told to default on my mortgage.

That is right up there with refinancing a fixed mortgage with a adjustable mortgage today. I never knew that our institutions are so void of any decency.

View more comments (2)

Indymac Bank - Does IndyMac Approve Anyones Loan Modification

My mother has been with IndyMac/OneWest Bank for over ten years. My stepfather died and my mother lost over 75% of her income due to this. We have been trying since 2006 to get a loan modification. At first she was told to pay one amount and she was doing that and six months later they sent her a letter in the mail saying that she was six months behind on her mortgage payments because she wasn't sending in the total amount. Then she started sending in her actual payments and they screwed her again. She had to file bankruptcy and then they filed papers for the six months payments to be taken out of the bankruptcy and then they started holding her payments and not applying them to her account and now they are saying she hasn't made a payment in two years and last year started sending her payments back and told her they couldn't take them unless she could make the total amount that was past due and her current, which at that time happened to be $7500.00 plus her $683 regular monthly payment. They also added all these lawyer fees, late charges and other fees. Now my mother has to pay $25,000.00 just to have the mortgage reinstated or do short sale or they are going to Foreclose on her house. I truly believe they are full of bs and as long as she's will to keep paying they should work out something with her like add what's owed to the back end of the loan and let her pick up on making the payments as if it was her first one.

Try contacting Fannie Mae if they guaranteed the loan. Fannie Mae has more to lose than Indymac does...they were a help to me.

@PissedConsumer477045

Dont waste your time with Fannie Mae.... They are part of the enemy and working closely with Indy Mac. I have called them many times and i i get is lipservice !

View more comments (1)

INDYMAC BANK

Federal law states that at least 24hrs prior to closing you must receive a truth in lending statement so you know the terms & conditions of he loan. I never saw anything until I sat down at the closing table & the rate was very high, not acceptable but I was forced to accept it if I wanted the house. With everything packed & on a truck outside what choice did I have then. ILLEGAL on the lenders part. I have been stuck with an adjustable rate mortgage that is totally unacceptable. And now I am to pay again if I want to convert to a fxed rate.
ID

Indymac Bank - Trying to adjust my mortgage while I am in court-approved bankruptcy

In 2/2006 I refinanced my home with a fixed payment for 5 year; my payments would be fixed until 4/2011; in mid 2008 I received notice from IndyMac that my payments were incresed to over $4,200 from $2087. As a result, I was unable to make my payments and fell behind. In 12/2008 I requested a loan modification from IndyMac. After I signed the agreemtent and paid the first payment, IndyMac refused to honor my loan modification agreement. I filed bankrupcy in 2009 which the court approved. IndyMac is now trying to adjust my payments again.

Indymac Bank - Indymac

I was trying to be proactive to apply for a modification from Indy mac.. I was current on my payments but knew I would be falling behind do to many medical and hosp. bills..I submitted my application the first time and was rejected.. I did all the paper work the second time upon their request and was rejected the second time..I went into foreclosure and retained a real estate agent and a lawyer to help. To make this story shorter Indy mac refused to work with my real estate agent and lawyer, then my house went to auction...We lost our home..

Yep, same thing happened to me and my husband. Indymac declined our attempts to modify after my husband lost his job.

we were current on payments, but knew it wouldn't last long. Their process for modification review is horrible. by the time they would review my documentation it would be "expired" so they'd ask for updated documents. After a year of this, they declined our request.

We ended up letting the house go back to the bank. they wasted no time foreclosing and barely bothered to try and work with us. i'm not feeling too terrible about it because they are now selling it for more than $100,000 less than what we owed.

too little, too late. I will never do business with Indymac/OneWest again.

same type of thing happened to me - got sick lost jobs - tried to get help when 1st got sick & had to go to part-time work - did all the paperwork - no help - then they tell me they won't help because i wasn't late on my payments and to stop making payments - did everything again and stopped making payments (which I was borrowing to make anyway) still no help - even hired someone to help with it all - tried to do a short sale - they wouldn't look at it and foreclosed in 3 months. They are the worst!!!!

I had the house 13 years! didn't want to lose it - borrowed thousands trying to keep it - they ruined my life.

INDYMAC....IM COMING TO GET YOU!!!! LATEMAN, DOMBROWSKI,Keep an eye open !!!!

View more comments (2)
ID

Indymac Bank - IndyMac milked thousands of dollar in xtra funds by threatening with foreclosure while in Chapter 13

IndyMac Bank held up a loan mod that was offered to me by IndyMac for almost 6 months while having me sign an agreement to pay them twice my mortgage amount monthly which I sent on time for many months but shows on my credit report that the funds were late. I called and they denied any wrong-doing. Also they havent recorded at least two years of extra payments that were sent to them and I have records of, they keep denying this. There is alot more but too much to type. Would like more information on what to do from here if possible. Thanx

I am in the same situation. I have tons of notes which explain the lies they have told me along with conflicting information every time they tried to change their stories.

I have literally spoken to them on the phone close to 100 times.

I must have the longest call log in their system yet I am unable to make any progress with them. I am not sure what to do from here....

Indymac Bank - Denied three times for HAMP Modification

IndyMac Bank refuses to help me save my house. They keep lying about my paperwork that I submitted. I have had to get Consumer Affairs involved because they were saying that the post office never delivered my paperwork to them, and it was a Supervisor that signed he received my documents and refused to submit to get the ball rolling for me, I was told after trying for 2weeks arguing that I sent paperwork, that I would probably be denied, they could not telll me why. It is more, getting mad talking about it. I want to join lawsuit ASAP!

:upset :x I read recently an unfortunate IndyMac mortgager had been attempting HARP (government refinancing) for two years. All these stories make me so angry!

We, the people of this country, are being treated like serfs. Well, there's millions of serfs in this country and the banks have our money. How long are millions going to continue being losers!

I'm looking for an investigative group, maybe it's time for an audit, title search, where's the money going? Time for answers!!

Join the boat. I was rejected for the hAMP loan first time, because Indymac told me "the deadline was over".

What deadline? I am not giving up and asked for assistance from a counselor(not a lawyer)(since I am on Social Security)...I have since reapplied and received the usual rejection letters for no good reason.

View more comments (1)