Show reviews that mention
loan indymac bank loan modification modification mortgage indy mac home money payment
Filter review

Indymac Bank - Delay tactics by IndyMac

I filed for a loan modification over a year ago. I have since re-applied 2 times. Every time they repeatedly asked me for financials and when they would finally accept a document or update it on their system they would make you update others. There is never a person to speak to or a department. Who ever answers the phone is it. Every time you call you get a different answer. I have repeatedly sent documents over and over and over. Have re applied 3 times because they told me I had to use new forms. They don't update their system. Long story short they recently denied me because now they say I make too much money. At the time I applied since I work on commission "A realtor" I did qualify they even messed up what my payments are . Very incompetent. I am now with an attorney. I don't believe they want to modify any loans. It's disgusting how they are allowed to play with people's lives. Their homes.. Open for suggestions and comments Nancy Miami, Florida

They denied me too because they said I made too much money. When I applied I had been unemployed for over 2 years.

I finally got a job and now I make too much money. They also paid my property taxes, which I did not ask them to do, then more than doubled my payment. They based my rejection on my original payment of 1200, which they would no longer accept. You can not win with them.

I have now filed a chapte 13 and the nightmare continues.

They will never be happy until they get my home. They need to pay for what they are doing to peoples lives.

Miami, Florida

Indymac Bank - Indy mac, fight them back!!!!

Helping a friend who as been getting the "paper trail" run around for modification on mortgage. Every time they give documents they are asked to give the same ones over and over. YOU CAN FIGHT BACK. Call the following number and visit this government website to print out a complaint letter and fax it to them, These banks are regulated by the government and have to respond. They are the "Office of the Thrift Supervision" Consumer Affairs Division 1700 G Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20552 phone number 1800-842-6929 www.ots.treas.gov These banks are Bullies that need to be Stopped. Things would be so much better if they would just negotiate interest rates, locked them in and start collecting money. No one can buy forclosed homes because even with good credit its impossible to get a dam mortgage. Wouldn't they rather collect some money help people to stay in their homes, than to sit back and collect no money at all!!! *** ***, indymac!!!! with a reputation like this they won't last very long
New York, New York

Indymac Bank - INDY/MAC MORTGAGE SERVICES / ONEWEST BANK POOR CUSTOMER RELATIONS

"Do Not Deal With Indy/Mac Mortgage Services / OneWest Bank, For Any Type Of Home Mortgage Loans!".... Being A Current Indy/Mac Customer,.... Indy/Mac Now For Over A Month,... Has Had Their Indy/Mac Telemarketers Calling Us....The Indy/Mac Telemarketers Call Every Day,... Monday through Sunday,... At Least 2 To 4 Times Each Day,... And More Then That On Some Days.... And The Indy/Mac Telemarketers Call As Late As 9:00 PM At Night.... The Indy/Mac Phone Number: (1-800-781-7399) Comes Up On Our Caller ID, But With An Unknown Name.... And Indy/Mac Never Leaves A Message On Our Answering Machine.... This Is Very Poor Customer Relations.... "Just What Kind Of Scam Is Indy/Mac Trying To Pull?".... With Indy/Mac's Name Not Showing Up On Our Caller ID And With Indy/Mac Not Leaving A Message On Our Answering Machine.... Makes A Person Feel Like Indy/Mac Is Hiding Some Thing,... When They Can Not Even Be Up Front With Their Name Showing Up On Our Caller ID,.... And Also How Indy/Mac Does Not Leave A Message On Our Answering Machine.... Have Had Other Problems With Our Indy/Mac Mortgage Services, Home Mortgage Loan Too,... Where Indy/Mac's Employee's Do Not Know What They Are Doing.... We Are Currently Looking Into Refinancing Our Indy/Mac Home Mortgage Loan With A Local Home Mortgage Loan Lender Here In Wisconsin.... Will Never Deal With Or Recommend Any One Else To Ever Deal With Indy/Mac Mortgage Services / OneWest Bank....

same issues here as well

Madison, Wisconsin

Indymac bank robbed me along with their shiester

Indymac bank added a ripoff insurnce company to their collection of rip of artists they work with, Its called Voyager insurance, if you cant pay or forget to pay your wind insurance, these gangsters, in cahoots with indymac charge you over 1000.00 per month for coverage. Dont bother complaining to any agency in Florida, they will refer you to the office of thrift management, which is about worthless, as they have no power to do anything. I dont even know what pupose they serve. Anyone out there having the same problem, its time for a lawsuit against both of them.
Sunrise, Florida

Indymac Bank - IndyMac sux

I've been trying to modify my loan with them as well, first it was--you are not far enough behind, then it was your credit score is high enough you should be able to refinance locally. HA, I even sent them the credit score and denials. Now they have sent me to foreclosre, apparently now I'm TOO far behind. Last ditch effort, contacted the HOPE agency for assistance in getting them to work with me, that's all I ask. My second mortgage has already been modified with a lower interest rate and payment amount--this is all I ask, nothing more than some breathing room.
Atlanta, Georgia
Loss

Indymac Bank - Changed locks on property we still hold title too.

In 2008, I was laid off and was unable to pay the mortgage for our rental property. We tried many times to renegotiate the loan with IndyMac, a lender under Bank of the West. IndyMac strung out the communication process, often asking for the same loan documents because the initial documents expired after 30 days. After 9 months we were sent a letter that the property was going to foreclosure. We were told no that we couldn't refit as this wasn't our primary property. In February 2011, a note appeared on the door stating the property was abandoned. It was vacant but not abandoned as we kept water, power and insurance on the property. We also performend all the upkeep as the home is in a nice neighborhood. Also, we have a contract for a real estate agent to sell, and there is a sign in the front year. The real estate agent went to hold an open house only to find that the locks were changed. The locksmith left all of the debris on the front porch, threw our custom curtains in the front yard along with a screen. They were trying to make the property appear as if it was abandoned. IndyMac , lender of OneWestBank, authorized lock changes on our house citing abandonment. While the property is vacant (not abandoned), we still hold title to the house. Had IndyMac allowed a loan modification the situation would have been win-win. Now they sell our house for below market value. This is WRONG! They STOLE our house. No one should be subject to this! We are in desperate need of legislation to prevent this from happening.

Not paying your bills has nothing to do with owning the deed. What Indymac did was criminal, deliberately spying on the house to make sure it was vacant and then changing the locks and destroying property to make it look abandoned.

Real property is not owned by the mortgage contract it is owned by deed. This is not a car, what they did is sneaky and criminal.

if you paid your bills as your contract with them required they would not have been able to do this.

you let them do this by signing the mortgage and not paying your bills

you let them do this by signing the mortgage and not paying your bills

View more comments (2)
Half Moon Bay, California

Indymac Bank - FDIC and INDYMAC

LOOK WHAT THE FDIC DID for INDYMAC with the help from people how much money went in their Packet? press x to closeEach depositor insured to at least $250,000 per insured bankAdvanced Search Home|Deposit Insurance|Consumer Protection|Industry Analysis|Regulations & Examinations|Asset Sales|News & Events|About FDICBank FindAre My Deposits Insured?Uninsured InvestmentsThe Deposit Insurance FundInternational Deposit InsuranceConsumer News & InformationLoans & MortgagesBanking & Your MoneyFinancial Education & LiteracyCommunity AffairsIdentity Theft & FraudConsumer Financial PrivacyBank Data & StatisticsResearch & AnalysisFailed BanksBank ExaminationsLaws & RegulationsResources for Bank Officers & DirectorsFDICconnectRequired Financial ReportsExaminer Training ProgramsLoan SalesReal Estate SalesFinancial Asset SalesServicing Sales AnnouncementsOther Asset SalesHistorical SalesPress ReleasesOnline Press RoomConferences & EventsFinancial Institution LettersSpecial AlertsLetters to the Editor/Opinion EditorialsSpeeches & TestimonyMission & PurposeAdvisory CommitteesCareers with the FDICManagement TeamPlans & ReportsWhat We Can Do for YouDiversity at the FDICHome > Industry Analysis > Failed Banks > Failed Bank List > Failed Bank Information FAQ re IndyMac "No Value" DeterminationInformation for IndyMac Bank, F.S.B., and IndyMac Federal Bank, F.S.B., Pasadena, CA What happens to the deposit money that I think you still owe me?The board's determination only addresses the insufficiency of funds realized from the resolution of IndyMac to make any distribution to general unsecured creditors or any lower priority claims. That determination does not address the rights of claimants regarding deposit claims. Back to top Why did the FDIC do this?The determination was made by the FDIC board of directors because substantially all of the assets of IndyMac were sold, but the amounts realized from the sale are insufficient to pay all of IndyMac's liabilities. The Federal Deposit Insurance Act establishes the priority for distributing funds from the liquidation or other resolution of an insured depository institution. The Act provides that administrative expenses and deposit liabilities must be paid in full before any distribution can be made to general unsecured creditors or any lower priority claims. Because the conclusion was inescapable that there are insufficient assets to make any distribution on general unsecured claims, it was appropriate to have an official statement to that effect. That is why the board of directors made the determination on November 12, 2009 that insufficient assets exist to satisfy any general unsecured creditor or lower priority claims. Back to top If the IndyMac receivership has no value, can I stop making my loan payments to IndyMac?No. Any obligation you agreed to undertake in connection with a loan made, owned, or serviced by IndyMac is unaffected by the FDIC's "insufficient assets" determination. That determination does not change your obligation to make the payments as called for in your loan agreement (or, if applicable, pursuant to a loan modification agreement). Back to top How does this affect my loan modification?The "insufficient assets" determination does not affect your loan modification. The terms of the loan modification are not changed as a result of this determination. You should perform your obligations as called for in the loan modification agreement. Back to top I did business with IndyMac and still have not been paid; all I received is a Receivership Certificate.Unfortunately, even though your claim may have been "allowed" by the Receiver, as evidenced by the Receivership Certificate, no assets will be distributed to you for this claim. Simply put, no money will be paid to you on the claim. Back to top I am an attorney representing a client who has open litigation against the Receivership. How does this affect our case?Your client will not be able to obtain any payment from the receivership, even if you successfully pursued the case and obtained a favorable judgment on the claim. Because courts have consistently dismissed actions on the ground of prudential mootness under these circumstances, the FDIC as Receiver is requesting that you voluntarily dismiss this litigation and provide the attorney representing the FDIC as Receiver with a court-conformed copy of the order within the next 30 days. If this is not forthcoming, counsel for the Receiver will proceed to file a motion to dismiss your client's action. While it is never easy counseling a client when further pursuit of a case is not appropriate, it may be helpful to share with your client that voluntarily dismissing the case will allow all parties to avoid the expenditure of unnecessary and wasteful attorney fees and costs and to conserve judicial resources. Back to top Can I write off on my taxes the loss of my deposit or investment in IndyMac?You may wish to consult a qualified tax advisor regarding the tax consequences in your individual situation. Back to top Last Updated 11/12/2010 cservicefdicdal@fdic.gov Home |Contact Us|Search|Help|SiteMap|Forms|En EspañolWebsite Policies|Privacy Policy|USA.gov|FDIC Office of Inspector GeneralFreedom of Information Act (FOIA) Service Center|FDIC Open Government Webpage|No FEAR Act Data
Cleveland, Ohio

Indymac Bank - Indymac/owb

I was hurt on the job three years ago,I have had three surgerys since then, Back in the first year we contacted indymac and asked for help and was told by an indymac rep that tere was nothing they could do because I was making my payments sp I asked what can I do to get help and was told by an indymac rep that when we start falling behind on our payments to call them back.And here we were falling behind a month so we called and they told us to fill out a loan application on line for a HAMP loan modification so we did and on their web site it said we will have an answer with in 72 hours so a week later we recieved a call sayin that we were missing this document so we sent it then they sai we wre missing that so we sent it ...this went on for three months back and forth and then we were told that we are now in foreclosure status bit its been put on hold pending our loan modification application process then we got a call saying that we were missing the Dodd Frank certificate ? Ok why was this not brought up before so we filled that out and sent it in now keep in mind that every time we had to send something else in we were told it takesfour days to recieve anything and another 7 to 10 days to scan it in and each time we talk to someone thery kept telling us that it will take 30 to 40 days to process...now we are five months behind and getting phone calls from indymac asking what were are intensions with our home! WTF dothey think our intensions are we are in the middle of a loan modification. Do thease people not communicate with one an other within their own company ?So just this past week we recieved A letter from indymac saying that we are sorry but we are unable to offer you a home affordable modification because we are unable to create an affordable payment equal to 31% of your reported monthly gross income without changing your loan beyond the requirements of the program. Nice huh now the calls are coming every day saying what are you going to do with your house and the best one is all we can do is offer a repayment plan so come up with 11.524.87 by march 23rd and we will restate your mortgage then you can re apply for another loan modification to see if youll qualify for a payment reduction. My wife and children and I have been here for twelve years and its about to be taken away...Please can anyone help !?

Ditto Mr wolfe I,m going through the exact same problem.You can never call and talk to the same person. they drive you crazy having to go through the same story every time you call.I really its a part of there game plan to where you down and too give up The government should be seeing through this and making this companies do what the government paying them to do.

We were a couple payments behind in 2007. Called in and set up a Forbearance plan which required a payment of $5,000.00 to start with.

Two months in we recieved a call saying we qualified to lower our payments with a home savers program. Signed paper work setting those payments in stone until July of 2011. We paid on time every month for almost two years. Called in to make a payment like always (2009) and were told that our program was no longer available.

We had to apply for the HAMP. I have not heard of one person who has qualified for a HAMP with IndyMac owb. They ran us around, were given different information from everyone we spoke with and turned in paperwork that THEY lost several times. In the end we were turned down for not sending in a profit and loss form.

We had a HUD counselor who tried to help us. IndyMac just kept putting us off and wouldn't accept payments. In the end we lost our house. I have never worked with a bank that is so unproffesional.

I am pretty positive saying that i would never want another loan with them. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I was even told once after e-mailing the CEO that he had nothing to do with Foreclosures and clients that are late. Well ya think that could be the problem there IndyMac.

The PRESIDENT of your company doesn't want to be bothered. If i was screwing that many people over every day i guess i wouldn't want to know either. All i know is there can't be that many people that were paying on time to keep that bank afloat. The goverment money will eventually run out and I really believe that the client base at IndyMac OWB won't be able to sustain them staying open.

I pray no one else has to live what we have lived. Even to the last week we had people calling and arguing with us that they could help us save our home if we would let them. We did let them try for 3 years and recieved the same story over and over.

IndyMac didn't hold up ANY of the promises that were made, but they don't hold you to the same standard. We did EVERYTHING asked of us and they still took our home..........

Hello Wolfe318 ,

Sorry I forgot to change the lender in my comment from BofA to Indymac.. This all still applies.

We have many lawsuits going on against numerous lenders..The two main qualifications are that you took the loan out between 2002 and 2009 and that your loan was securitized.. Give me a call or e-mail me back with the your contact number and best time to reach you Thanks, Dallas

Hello Wolfe318 ,

I read your complaint about BofA. There is something that you can do especially against BofA. Lenders got greedy and got caught..If you are upset with your lender you can take them to court and sue them and Stop your foreclosure in the process. If you took your loan out or refinanced between 2002 and 2009 your loan may have beed securitized. If it was, you have a case against them. If you would like to know more give me a call at 760-324-6410..

Even if you lost your home in foreclosure. You could not get your house back but you could get a cash settlement for all your troubles..So, if you like give me a call if you get my voicemail leave me your name and number.Or e-mail me back the best time to contact you and at what number. Now is the time to take the decision making power away from your lender and level the playing field in a court of law.. Thank You and Take Care, Dallas

View more comments (3)
Reston, Virginia

Indymac Bank - Indy Mac Bank

We were trying for a home modification, after seven months we were denied. The bank allowed us to not pay $1,300.00 for those seven months.After being denied they tried to forclose, our attorney went to court and the judge told indy mac's attorney to give us six months to get caught up on the $1,300.00 that we did not pay during the seven month trail period. We were never late on the remainder of the mortgage amount, now they are saying instead of oweing them $9,100.00 we owe them over $19,000.00 because of interest. We have been paying the extra $1,300.00 per month along with our regular payment ( for 5 months now) we just received a certified letter saying that we now owe $17,154.26 and they will forclose if we do not pay the full amount of $17,154.26. How can they charge over 100% interest?????

Been trying to get a loan mod or forebearance from IndyMac for almost 2.5 years! They lose things, re-request them deny getting them and have tried to foreclose twice on me.

This has put me some 80k behind and now all I want is a forebearance. They have me in a predatory option arm. I cannot talk to anyone other than the dumb CS reps that always tell me the same thing. I do not qualify for the Hamp program as I make more than is allowed.

I expect them to try another foreclosure on me once they catch up with themselves. What can I do besides sue?

Hello Mad one,

I read your complaint about Indymac.. There is something that you can do.. Lenders got greedy and got caught..If you are upset with your lender you can take them to court and sue them. If you took your loan out or refinanced between 2002 and 2009 your loan may have beed securitized. If it was, you have a case against them. If you would like to know more give me a call at 760-324-6410..

Even if you lost your home in foreclosure. You could not get your house back, but you could sue and get a cash settlement for all your troubles..So, if you like give me a call if you get my voicemail leave me your name and number.Or e-mail me back make sure you put "Sue My Lender" in the subject box so I do not mistake it for spam and the best time to contact you and at what number or just call me. Now is the time to take the decision making power away from your lender and level the playing field in a court of law. This is for real. Thank You and Take Care, Dallas

View more comments (1)
Haverhill, Massachusetts

Indymac Bank - IndyMac loan modification delay tactics!.

IndyMac claims to have lost,can't find,can't read, don't understand,and haven't yet posted, almost every document I have sent them for the last year of my ongoing modification process.I was denied appox 2 months ago because they said my wife's pay stubs where more than 90 days old when infact they where not IndyMack would not listen to reason and simply explained that if I wanted to continue with the process I would have to resubmit all documents and start all over so here I sit still in the process they sure know how to work the system.

I have been working on getting a loan mod, for almost a year. I am now stuck getting them satisfied on my wife's pay subs of $50 a week, for 2 months ofo paperwork. This has to be a stall tactic.

They are scams - don't help people and they stole taxpayers money. I hear all of you. These people will not stop and continue destroying everyone’s life. They have no honor, integrity or ethics. They are not held to any standers.

Everyone should call FDIC, HUD and Federal Reserve - and request an Office of Inspector General (OIG) investigation and demand OWB/IndyMac be audited.

Call your congressman and demand accountability for the money they received to save mortgages. Have them conduct and oversight investigation.

Don’t stop and don’t give in. Expose them….

Indy Mac does not like deal with Chapter 13 BK cases....they have lost a ton of money onb those cases ovet the last 4 years. If you apply legitamite pressure via legitimate BK threats, you will get results.

Our firm has applied that pressure and acheived loan mods with Indy Mac. Feel free to call us at 877.297.7011 or visit FreshStart-MortgageSolutions.com

Hello Justmadd,

I read your complaint against Indymac. I hate to say this but it is near to impossible to get approved on a loan mod. Banks are not motivated to approve your loan mod. They stand to make more by foreclosing on you.. Over 94% of the people that applied were turned down. Their tatic is to discourage the borrower till they just give up.

But , you do have an option. Lenders got greedy and got caught..If you are upset with your lender you can take them to court and sue them. If you took your loan out or refinanced between 2002 and 2009 your loan may have beed securitized. If it was, you have a case against them. If you would like to know more give me a call at 760-324-6410..

Even if you lost your home in foreclosure. You could not get your house back but you could get a cash settlement for all your troubles..So, if you like give me a call if you get my voicemail leave me your name and number.Or e-mail me back the best time to contact you and at what number.Now is the time to take the decision making power away from your lender and level the playing field in a court of law.. Thank You and Take Care, Dallas

View more comments (3)
Los Angeles, California

Indymac Bank - OneWest Bank/IndyMac

IndyMac Mortgage Services, Inc. is a division of OneWest Bank.  It is the mortgage servicing company for Deutsche Bank National Trust Company.  It operates using fraudulent means to deprive people of mortgage loan modification so that, instead, it can foreclose and steal people's homes out from under them. David Green is Senior Assistant Manager - david.green@imb.com Dushan Arnold is a Pre-Market Specialist  - dushan.arnold@imb.com Sandy Standish - sandy.standish@imb.com This group comprises the company's REO TEAM which will work effortlessly to steal your home with the help of Susan Kline (aka Susan Joy Kline, Sue Kline of ReMax of Valencia, CA) their "VALUED REO broker"; Joan Mougel of Field Asset Services, Inc. the "home preservation" company that hires local trash out companies like Monster Mowers of Lancaster, CA (owned by Matthew Jay Cohick) to illegally trespass and break into your home and steal your property.  This wonderful group of home wreckers does not require any bona fide proof that your home was foreclosed upon properly in order to do their dirty work. Visit http://www. onewestbankfraud.com for more information Read about the nightmare house that an unemployed military veteran and his wife lived in (as legally residing and paid up tenants) that the REO TEAM felt obliged to kick them out of: http://www.onewestbankfraud.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=137 Susan Kline of ReMax was the broker property manager of the nightmare house who lied repeatedly to the tenants and concealed information about the IndyMac REO TEAM, so that they could never get in touch with anyone about the situation in which they found themselves in after the owner of the property had been foreclosed upon.  She also refused to reveal information about her fellow home wreckers Field Asset Services or Monster Mowers.  When the tenants filed a lawsuit, Kline, Field Asset Services, Monster Mowers, Deutsche Bank all blamed the tenant-victims for their plight, saying THEY were the cause of the attempted break-in and threats to their persons! At the time of the incident, Susan Kline worked for Prudential California Realty, also located in Valencia, CA. Field Asset Services, along with Deutsche Bank were named as defendants in another case of foreclosure fraud and breaking and entering - this time in Michigan.
Valencia, California

Indymac Bank - Indy mac

I was behind in my payments and paid more than eneough in dec. now in jan 2011 i receive an act 91 with the amount due to reinstate. when i called indy they said that my property was in foreclosure and they were sending the money back. as of today, i receive calls asking me if i intend to keep property that they have no idea of payment of whereabouts even though this was sent via my bank and have proof. i have not received any notice of foreclosure only that my mortgage is past due.what can i do? the lawyer they use did not know payment was made in dec. how do i reduce legal fees etc.? thanks. they are driving me nuts.

Hello Babe23,

I read your complaint about Indymac. There is something that you can do.. Lenders got greedy and got caught..If you are upset with your lender you can take them to court and sue them. If you took your loan out or refinanced between 2002 and 2009 your loan may have beed securitized. If it was, you have a case against them. If you would like to know more give me a call at 760-324-6410..

Even if you lost your home in foreclosure. You could not get your house back but you could get a cash settlement for all your troubles..So, if you like give me a call if you get my voicemail leave me your name and number.Or e-mail me back at dallas92270@yahoo.com and the best time to contact you and at what number.Now is the time to take the decision making power away from your lender and level the playing field in a court of law.. Thank You and Take Care, Dallas

Folsom, Pennsylvania

Indymac Bank - Indy Mac Bank increased my mortgage payment when I applied for a loan modification

Due to loss in income I asked Indy Mac Bank to modify my loan so that it would be more affordable. The result was that they told me I was able to get the govt Hamp version but that they would put the arrears at the end of the loan. Instead of getting a lower payment I received a larger payment making it more difficult to pay. I have been told by another source that I would qualify for the hamp loan under my predsent circumstances. However, Indy Mac Bank would not consider me for the hamp because they say they modified the loan in Jul7 2010. The modification however benefited them not me. I would like to be included in the class acgtion suit against Indy Mazc Bank.

After 14 months and 3 applications for Hemp programs and several loan officers/managers at IndyMac(One West); we finally got approved! We knew all of these people by first name basis after a while!

We almost gave up several times but kept giving them what they asked for! I did threaten to file bankruptcy and all of the sudden....it got approved! Lowered our payments by $400 a month (We didn't pay our mortgage for the entire 14 months! We were instructed not to!

We don't have late fees and each month that we make our payments....$115K comes off our principle at the end of 3 yrs! Unbelievable but it's true!

dont not file a class action thats what the banks want .. i want to get eveyone together and pick a day where all the victims file there own suit against them the same day and flood the courts system and bring the banks aswell as the courts to there knees . so this way the banks will have to hire millions of lawyers and cost them millions of dollars in seprate law suits and we all can get a chance to get more money back from them and save our homes

we are not behind in our payments we are trying to modify because our income has decreased our value is underwater we are in a adjustable negative arm we were lied to from the beging and eveytime i call indymac i never speak to the same person and i get the run around to i have a realtor helping me with paper work and same thing indymac blames the realtor for not doing her job with the docs we have been trying for over a year and still no answer. indy mac needs asset sheet recent check stubs,in got a letter saying they needed these docs so i wanted to be sure so i called indymac the rep i talked to told me not to put all my debt because we might not qualify then because of our debt and that we may not qualify because then we wont be able to make our payment. i then told the rep that we were not going to lie on our application we applied for the hemp program .nothiung yet?????

we have been trying to modify our loan too but the same situation i never talk to the same person i spoke to a lady on 5/10/2011 about submitting some document for the hemp pro it was asset sheet and check stubs,i told the rep that our income changed we were making less money we were in aadjustible aneg arm and that we had a lot of debt so we needed help and we didnt want too lose are home and she the rep said well dont put down all your debt cause then you wont qualify because indymac will see it as if you cant afford your mortgage payment regaurdless.i tnen told here i was not going to lie.

Is there a pending lawsuit agains ONE WEST currently for this loan modification fraud? I am not behind in my payment, however, I filed for a modification due to decreased value of my home, can't refi and can't sell.

In the same week as I was asked for more paperwork..I owed my Feb. payment...in FEB! On FEB 24th ONE WEST sent me a letter saying send your FEB payment or we will foreclose MARCH 28th then on March 1st they denied my modification even though they had not received 4 items they requested stating" we are denying your modification because your investor does not participate." I called One West and the woman on the other end...said.. it is not mandatory that we participate in HAMP...I thought...what?

I am making my payments...current and they are threatening foreclosure?

Can they do that? Please let me in on class action...I would like to join...and I am not even behind!

I am making my payments...current and they are threatening foreclosure?

the program and the bank modification is a joke. I DO NOT THINK ANYBODY CAN BENEFIT FROM IT BUT THE BANK. bECAUSE THEY GET MONEY WHEN THEY GET THE HOUSE BACK.I want to join the lawsuit too.

Watchdog Tells Congress: HAMP is a “Failure”

By Michael Kraus on January 28, 2011

Neil Barofsky, the special inspector general for the troubled asset relief program (SIGTARP) testified in front of Congress on Wednesday about the progress of the bailout program. He said that TARP has by and large been a success, and that most of the money that was lent to corporations under the program has been paid back.

Barofsky said that the program has failed in large part because regulators are “afraid to rein in or impose penalties on the mortgage servicers” he added that the track record of those servicers “has been nothing short of abysmal”.

SIGTARP has been highly critical of HAMP in past reports, saying that the program

“The most specific of TARP’s Main Street goals, “preserving homeownership,” has so far fallen woefully short, with TARP’s portion of the Administration’s mortgage modification program yielding only 207,000 (out of a total of 467,000) ongoing permanent modifications since TARP’s inception, a number that stands in stark contrast to the 5.5 million homes receiving foreclosure filings and more than 1.7 million homes that have been lost to foreclosure since January 2009.”

Barofsky said that unless something is done to improve the effectiveness of the program, there will be increasing pressure to shut it down. Indeed, Rep. Jim Jordan and other House Republicans have introduced a bill that would end HAMP. The bill does not include a plan to replace HAMP with anything.

As far as I can tell, HAMP has largely been a failure because it fails to properly incentivize all parties that have a stake in a mortgage to work together to modify it rather than foreclose on it. A successful program will have to align the interests of investors, second lien holders, servicers, and borrowers in order to achieve mortgage modifications on a large scale.

Desiree P

They did the same thing to me!!! Sign me up for the Class Action Suit!!!! They and the Government should be ashamed for allowing this to be perpetrated!!!!

IndyMac's HAMP program is an endless joke send paperwork, resend paperwork on and on it goes!

View more comments (9)
Matawan, New Jersey

Indymac Bank - I have been getting lied to about loan modification

I have a small insurance agency for 14 years and I was diaginosied with cancer in 2009. On 10-16-2009 I applied for a loan mod and the bank kept asking for the same info but to be presented in diff ways. Ex. verify income and I sub info but they want it from my accountant so I have accountant do it and they they want it notirized. It has been on going with the games until they said my load mod was over 6 months so I had to start all over again. The 2nd time I applied I was told that the foreclosure would be held off while the loan mod was being processed but they stoped the loan mod to do a foreclosure on my house. I have been stabbed in the back and want to be in the class action suit. I currently filed a stay against the bank and court is set for 1-26-20011.
Cincinnati, Ohio

Indymac Bank - What IndyMac is doing to distressed is criminal

I'm one of thousands of homeowners who are being scammed by IndyMac's "loan modification program". I've file complaints with the California Attorney General's Office, the Better BUsiness Bureau, OTS, OCC and my district congress member in Washington, D.C. IndyMac is the worst flim-flam artist since the days of the travelling medicine show! Trying to put in a call to the Queen of England would be easier than trying to get through their phone tree. And when you do get a "live" human on the phone the have 0 listening or customer service skills; in fact they're almost rude and defensive. The top bank execs ought to be jailed for allowing this farce to go on.

One West Bank (Indymac Mortgage Servicing)doesn't to want to work with the consumer to modify any loan, because the govenment will pay them for the house. I just had my house sold at auction and Fannie Mae ended up getting my house on January 03, 2010.

Then today I get an offer from Indymac Mortgage Services, that I could have been making half the payments at a lower rate. Funny you don't hear a word from them when working to modify the loan.

Fannie Mae, if you want my house you can have it, in the condition I leave it in. TRASHED to ***

Huntington Beach, California