It is impossible to close the CD account without getting charged.First of all, you have to wait on the phone to talk to a rep for over 40 minutes.

When on, he/she does not give you accurate information. I asked the rep how to close my CD which matures in 5 days. He told me to send them a letter simply stating, "My CD is mature, please close it and transfer the money back to my orginial checking account (non-Countrywide)." So I did that. Little do I know, I checked my checking account, and I was charged $30 for a "wire-transfer" fee.

The rep did not tell me that there was a fee!! Nor did he reveal the other option to closing an account which is to have them mail you a check (which costs nothing). I called again to complain, and had to wait another 40 minutes to talk to a rep, have her put me on hold for another 20 minutes, and zip...

moral of the story, do not chose IndyMac for any services!!

Had an Experience with IndyMac Bank?

Comments

I knew I recognized that snobby tone....

No, I'm not Indymac's Lawyer...just a soon-to-be brother-in-law pulling your leg. I hope you're not mad

So "getoverit", I'd doubt you can *** your tongue and not post a response when someone calls you "greedy" for no reason. And who are you, IndyMac's lawyer???

um, I am over it...just wait til someone calls you "greedy" and see if u can *** your tongue...

and by the way, who are u and why are even commenting on this?maybe, u should mind your own business and have some more valuable input...

getoverit

GET OVER IT! It's been almost two years, I think it's about time you moved on. IndyMac isn't around anymore...let it go!

First of all, how am I greedy if I am simply asking for my money back?To be greedy, I have to selfishly ask for MORE than what I had put in, which is not the case.

For those calling me "greedy", I think you guys gotta go back to school or maybe buy a dictionary.... I am pissed off because the reps at IndyMac are not knowledgeable and lied to me (yes, withholding the information about the fee is lying!) Yes, I did read the "terms and conditions". I never asked for a wire transfer, I was patient enough to wait for a check.

If the rep had informed me of that option, I would have happily took that route.I even asked him, "what are my options?" As reps for IndyMac, or any bank, please educate your employees!

Bridgman, Michigan, United States #21986

When are any and all of you folks going to wise up and use Federal Credit Unions to do your banking.It's been common knowledge for over 29 ytears years that commercial banks and S&Ls never have, do not now, and never will be able to compete with credit unions.

Commercial banks have always been notorious for charging insulting customer fees to cover everything from paper clips to staples. Never, EVER use a commercial bank for any kind of loan transaction or expect to get good rates on your deposits.

If you can read...compare any local commercial bank's rates and fees to those of any credit union.Helloooooo....surprise :)

Bhagalpur, Bihar, India #21753

I wonder if I call them on Monday and ask for a " full reconveyance note", on my mortgage, will they be dumb enough to send me one?

lmao...hey it dont hurt to ask now does it.....

Manson, Iowa, United States #21745

:cry I guess IndyMac bank got their comeuppance.

Kangar, Perlis, Malaysia #20891

I had numerous CD acct with them, I had to close one of it, I faxed a written authorization to not renew, call back the 2nd day to comfirm, they didn't get it, or have a chance get to it since they had a lot of requests per day.I re-fax, called the next day to confirm, they got it, and process without problem.

Rule of thumb for the fee, you have to "read" the term and condition, as they were provided to you.If you don't understand, just ask C.S.!