I submitted information to modify my loan as soon as i couldn't afford my payments in august of 2008.In January I was told my investor didn't offer me that possibility and all I could do was short sale my property.

I found a buyer and then Indymac declined the sales price and wanted 50k more from the buyer, so I lost my buyer and back to square one. I asked them if I can modify my loan since I got back to work and had some income now. This was also declined. Then in April I was approached by another buyer and sent up a shortsale packet to Indymac.

It was almost approved and Indymac's employee sent an email that she was getting terminated and couldn't help any further. A week later my paperwork went missing per Indymac and I was told to start whole process over. After this frustrating situation they went full steam ahead on my foreclosure and refused to offer anything but a hefty down payment to stop it. I tried to make payments to them as soon as my income came back and they refused it.

Don't let them fool you!!!!They aren't willing to help.

Had an Experience with IndyMac Bank?

Comments

dont stop fighting indymac is already in big trouble

one west bank should be closed down the lies lies liars!!!!

Everyone who is complaining about Indymac/onewest

should contact the Office of Thrift Services.

The number is

Phone: 1 (800) 842-6929

File a complaint if you haven't already. OTS oversees this bank and makes sure they are following the law. It appears there are some deceptive practices in lending here.

Leeds

DO NOT DO A QUICK SALE.Let them foreclose, you are better off.

The shortage in the quick sale will come back to you as a 10-99 at the end of the year as income. So you get to pay income tax on that amount and they keep the books square. How would and extra $50k of income effect your tax bill.

I think fairly harsh.A foreclosure could hurt your credit rating, well my friend so does owing the IRS an extra unexpected $25,000

I'm starting to think that this whole remodification thing is just a big joke to the mortgagem lenders. so they try and get rid of the homes as soon as they see we are interested in remodifying.